Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 06-15-2013, 02:22 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Realslowww View Post
MJB the new top of the line Exmarks are using the 21 cc Hustler pumps? the problem with the Hustler was they were asking to much from lower end hydro components.

If they would have used them to do a 12 or 13 MPH setup I think the issues would have never been their. The new system of course everybody knows is in a class by itself.

The problem with the all in one newer hydro drive units that ZTR companies are using is you need to keep the fluid fresh because they get dirtier quicker because the capacity of oil is so small.
I agree they were asking the pumps and WM's to do to much causing failures.
The older exmarks I have had held less oil, only 2 qts, than my BB Outlaw with the hydro I forgot the exact amount in my Outlaw but it was more than 4 quarts If I remember right. Retro would know the specs. Maybe the new exmarks unitized pumps hold less but not the hydrogear 5400.

Maybe retro will tell us how much oil is in the 5400 and 3400 hydrogear unitized pump and wm on the BB.

2013 Exmark Pioneer S 60" Ultracut (Review with pics) http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=410996

2010 Badboy Outlaw 6100 31 KAWI

2008 Exmark Lazer Z AS 60" U/C 28 Kawi

2000 Exmark Lazer Z 60" L/C Kawi 4100 + hrs strong
Old 06-15-2013, 04:54 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJB View Post
I agree they were asking the pumps and WM's to do to much causing failures.
The older exmarks I have had held less oil, only 2 qts, than my BB Outlaw with the hydro I forgot the exact amount in my Outlaw but it was more than 4 quarts If I remember right. Retro would know the specs. Maybe the new exmarks unitized pumps hold less but not the hydrogear 5400.

Maybe retro will tell us how much oil is in the 5400 and 3400 hydrogear unitized pump and wm on the BB.
I just went up the road to look at the new BB and they looked really nice, I looked at the Outlaw and the new model you are interested in but it had smaller stock tires.

I looked at the Xone as well, how much cheaper is the new lower end BB you are interested in compared to a Xone.

Just how much does the new little BB weigh? Their mowers look really simple to work on and well designed, one of the complaints I have heard on them is they use cheap Chinese steel but I have never confirmed this. I have heard complaints the metal cracks and fatigue easily.
Old 06-15-2013, 06:21 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
I just went up the road to look at the new BB and they looked really nice, I looked at the Outlaw and the new model you are interested in but it had smaller stock tires.

I looked at the Xone as well, how much cheaper is the new lower end BB you are interested in compared to a Xone.

Just how much does the new little BB weigh? Their mowers look really simple to work on and well designed, one of the complaints I have heard on them is they use cheap Chinese steel but I have never confirmed this. I have heard complaints the metal cracks and fatigue easily.
The CZT Elite is around 850 lbs 60" deck. It has the elecctric deck lift which took some getting used to but if it holds up Im ok with it.
I think the CZT Elite 60" Kawasaki engine and mulching kit is $6599. or close to that.
The Outlaw Extreme had a lot of extras the suspension, low center of gravity,
aggressive tires. My only problem with the Outlaw is it has a longer frame not great for smaller lawn areas. I have lawns that go from real small to a few acres all on the same property. So I like the weight of the CZT I demoed. Plus it had more trimside due to a smaller wheelbase which might effect sidehilling for some guys. I was able to do a diagonal on a hill that my other mowers including my Outlaw would not hold the angle and would turn straight down the hill due to their weight.

I had cracking on my Super Z the engine deck plate was weak and I don't abuse equipment. My BB Outlaw has no issues like that, but if its bumpy I slow down. Some guys think they gotta go fast when its just to rough and they damage equipment. I have not heard of any more weak steel issues since I bought mine.

They are very easy to work on which is 1 reason I liked them. I don't know what the Xone is but the CZT Elite start at 5899 I think.

2013 Exmark Pioneer S 60" Ultracut (Review with pics) http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=410996

Old 06-15-2013, 06:31 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

850 pounds is light, you said with bigger tires it is another 500? what size tires ?

That 60 and a good 72 would be a great combo for sure, I think I would want a 54. So the ride was good at speed and it holds hills better than the big mowers?

That is why I do not like the newer 72 Hustler Hyper, it is 1600 pounds so on steep hills it would be questionable.
Old 06-15-2013, 06:34 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:

Here is a utube video of the CZT I demoed it has a 54" deck which I liked but thought the 60" would be even better. Keep in mind this is just a 10mph mower.
I did not know he was video taping it or I would of sped up and done less trim around the edges more actually making stripes which it does well up here.
Here is a link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_BOzt2ApG4Y

Old 06-15-2013, 06:54 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
850 pounds is light, you said with bigger tires it is another 500? what size tires ?

That 60 and a good 72 would be a great combo for sure, I think I would want a 54. So the ride was good at speed and it holds hills better than the big mowers?

That is why I do not like the newer 72 Hustler Hyper, it is 1600 pounds so on steep hills it would be questionable.
The CZT Elite only goes up to 60" there is no suspension etc just a basic ztr beefed up to do commercial. 60" is 925 lbs 54" 871 lbs.

The tires I demoed were on the Outlaw. They are called Field Trax Tires man do they stick well on hills. I do not know if they come in a smaller size to fit the czt elite because it would help the mower turn around quicker on hills with more reverse traction. The video above did not show any hills unfortunately.

Old 06-15-2013, 06:56 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

How big of tires can you get on it? that will make it go faster.

The one I looked at looked like it had 20's?
Old 06-15-2013, 07:08 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
How big of tires can you get on it? that will make it go faster.

The one I looked at looked like it had 20's?
Not bigger, just better traction. I have my big mowers for speed. This is more of an adaptable mower that can go to just about any job and get it done if need be. Cost 1/2 the price of a new Exmark almost and cuts as well or better. Thats what works for me. If you need speed better look at the Outlaw its really good on hills with the FieldTrax tires weighs in at 1280lbs 60" 1310 72"

Old 06-15-2013, 11:13 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

boy the new Hustler is a pig,1600, why did they have to make such a pig?
Old 06-15-2013, 11:37 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
boy the new Hustler is a pig,1600, why did they have to make such a pig?
They just as well put tracks on it and call it a tank. Kubota is the same way, if only turf grew on concrete . Dont understand how they expect us to keep from rutting after a good rain, I guess were just supposed to close our eyes and dont look back.