Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 06-16-2013, 07:12 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Realslowww View Post
Is the 33 Generac the best motor you have used? the one with forged pistons and more compression with different cam timing is supposed to be 10% more powerful done in the same RPM range.

Would that be a animal for a 72 to cut month old grass?

A 33 generac is a lot more powerful than a 850 Kawie?, Crappy Gas mileage ?
I personally believe Vanguard and Generac are at the top of the line on mower engines, while giving the Generac a slight advantage due to response being faster with its E-Gov.

The new Generac you speak of is not one I've had experience with, it could possibly blow the field away. I really like the Generac engine, they been implementing this engine with their generator sets for too many years not to know their business.
Old 06-16-2013, 08:32 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

What I am asking is how welcome would 10 percent more power be over your Kaw? and how much fuel did the Generac eat. What mower had it that you demoed? Thanks
Old 06-16-2013, 05:06 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
What I am asking is how welcome would 10 percent more power be over your Kaw? and how much fuel did the Generac eat. What mower had it that you demoed? Thanks
The 35 Kawasaki is adequately sufficient on the 72" Super Z, the only I would prefer is fuel injection, which with DFI it moves my engine to a full 37 hp. This would give the Kawasaki more power and with better fuel economy.

The mower I used was a Woods MG3361G, and it was unstoppable. Here is a picture of the mower sitting on his trailer.

Old 06-16-2013, 06:03 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

This came from the Bobcat website, Kawasaki is now into the best of both worlds, fuel injection along with implementation of the E-Gov.

QUOTE:

Predator-Pro™ rider mowers allow you to maximize productivity with deck sizes up to 72-inches, with various engine options, and a 2011 EPA-compliant fuel system with a 14 gallon fuel capacity. These mowers zero-turn around landscape obstacles with precision, keeping you moving forward.

The new Kawasaki Digital Fuel Injection (DFI) engine utilizes an electronic governor system (E-Gov). The digital fuel injection system with E-GOV ensures your mower provides the best fuel economy by reacting to changing load conditions instantaneously and metering and monitoring fuel requirements accordingly. Field tests indicated up to 30 percent less fuel usage compared to non-fuel injected commercial engines used in comparable turf conditions. Zero-turn mowers equipped with DFI and E-GOV equal less money in your fuel tank and more money in your pocket!
Old 06-16-2013, 06:09 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Thanks for the info, I would have boughten a motor a while ago but want fuel injection in a powerhouse, so the 33 Woods would go through anything like no mower you have used ? , Woods used to be made by Grasshopper.

How big of a Gas Pig was the Genny?
Old 06-16-2013, 07:51 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Thanks for the info, I would have boughten a motor a while ago but want fuel injection in a powerhouse, so the 33 Woods would go through anything like no mower you have used ? , Woods used to be made by Grasshopper.

How big of a Gas Pig was the Genny?
This Woods mower has never been built by Grasshopper, this mower is a Bobcat Predator Pro manufactured by Bobcat for Woods, same exact machine. The best I can remember TomberLawn said it was in the 1.7 gph range in average cutting.

The Woods mower went through the grass in this photo and never changed sounds, now of course it did not cut cleanly in one pass, but one would need to witness the performance to believe it. This 30" tall grass, and you will notice it is thick down a little lower, would stall most all mowers in the class we run today.

I could get through this grass with my 35/72 in its highest deck position, but not nearly as fast as he was moving the 60" through this jungle. The 28 hp Cat we were comparing it against could be stalled stone cold dead in the blink of eye; in its highest cutting position, and it was. The Woods mower would go through the grass with no problem, the only reason it needed to be slowed at all was to keep it from leaving too much uncut grass. It rode off and left the Cat trying to claw its way through at a snails pace.

I would have normally run a batwing over this before even attempting to cut it with this class mower, but we cut it all with the Generac powered Woods.

Old 06-16-2013, 09:18 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

So from what you are saying the 33 Generac is probably more powerful than your Kaw, or the smaller deck and smaller pumps puts more power to

Thanks for all THE HELP
Old 06-16-2013, 09:46 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
So from what you are saying the 33 Generac is probably more powerful than your Kaw, or the smaller deck and smaller pumps puts more power to

Thanks for all THE HELP
I would say the Generac feels a little stronger due to it faster response time, but then again, the only true test is to have the engine on the same mower, with the same deck.
Old 06-17-2013, 12:25 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenology View Post
Yea please do, very interested to hear what you have to say. My main interest is to see how the deck cuts over uneven terrain. If the ferris cuts very well then I'll be happy to compromise on higher maintenance costs due to ferris suspension, but Im not really expecting things to wear out they are very well built. Anyhow plz do let me know wat u can!
Posted via Mobile Device
I sent you two pm's
Old 06-17-2013, 08:49 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by puppypaws View Post
I would say the Generac feels a little stronger due to it faster response time, but then again, the only true test is to have the engine on the same mower, with the same deck.
Grasshopper made the Woods mower back in the MID 80's and I do not know when they quit.