Register free!

Old 06-10-2013, 03:18 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gulfjoe View Post
How do you run a full time Landscaping biz and still have time to mow every other day? The rain and my accounts kept me from cutting mine last week and that's why It got so tall. Ill take it down to 2.5" this week and then 2" etc etc
Posted via Mobile Device
Last week was crazy for sure.

My landscaping business isn't full time. I have a full time corporate job I work M-F 8-5. I'm only part time for landscaping. I have 16 mowing clients and 19 turf care clients. Most do both. All very small lots 2500-4500 sq ft. Of turf. I usually do my mowing 3-4 evenings during the week after work. That way I can leave Saturdays for rain checks (did this weekend). Starting on two more mowing & turf care clients this month. Ugh... I have aerating to do on customer yards this Saturday. Gonna be another busy week.

I mow mine right around dusk after I'm done with customer lawns. My lawn isn't that big either. Only about 2k sq ft of turf. Takes me 15-20 minutes to mow double cutting it. Edge and trim once a week.
Old 06-10-2013, 04:17 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by macgyver_GA View Post
Last week was crazy for sure.

My landscaping business isn't full time. I have a full time corporate job I work M-F 8-5. I'm only part time for landscaping. I have 16 mowing clients and 19 turf care clients. Most do both. All very small lots 2500-4500 sq ft. Of turf. I usually do my mowing 3-4 evenings during the week after work. That way I can leave Saturdays for rain checks (did this weekend). Starting on two more mowing & turf care clients this month. Ugh... I have aerating to do on customer yards this Saturday. Gonna be another busy week.

I mow mine right around dusk after I'm done with customer lawns. My lawn isn't that big either. Only about 2k sq ft of turf. Takes me 15-20 minutes to mow double cutting it. Edge and trim once a week.
Were not much different. I work a full time job 0530-1600 M-T OT Fridays and saturday if it's available. I work in 7 Accounts during that with all the random 1 timers that call me here and there. I have a larger lawn though about 10k of grass. This is my first year doing this and I am looking to expand by maybe 3-4 more accounts. I am still making some rookie mistake costing myself money and time, but I am getting better every week.
Old 06-10-2013, 10:30 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

that bermuda is just now starting to take off where i live. it's just now getting warm enough i guess. it's like bermuda has just popped up everywhere in the past week or two. your yard looks great.
Old 06-16-2013, 06:22 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

2 weeks after sand more photos to come
Attached Images

Old 06-16-2013, 06:51 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
2 weeks after sand more photos to come
I have not mowed yet obviously, I was talking to my weed and fert guy here locally, you may know him as Falcon50EX. He has told me to apply the 46-0-0 quick release this upcoming weekend June 22-23 and keep the water to it. as most of you know we have been getting blasted with heavy rain here in GA the last few weeks so water hasn't been a problem, and I also have irrigation. Do any of you have any recommendations to get my yard to start filling in quicker? also what 46-0-0 fert do you guys recommend?
Attached Images

Old 06-16-2013, 09:41 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Yeah. Mow every other day. Force lateral growth.
Old 06-16-2013, 10:19 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbrashears View Post
Yeah. Mow every other day. Force lateral growth.
lowest setting
Old 06-16-2013, 11:39 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
lowest setting
Yep. And sharpen the blade each time. Because that sand is going to make it look like a butter knife handle.
Old 06-17-2013, 12:54 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

If I can beat the rain today I will get out there and take care of it. I talked to Level Lawns in Atlanta today and they quoted me $2100 for 7000sqft. At that price I am going to have to learn how to perfect this top dressing thing.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 06-22-2013, 12:10 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

22 days post level

This 22 days post level. i am cutting at lowest setting every 2-3 days, I just put down some 34-0-0 ammonium nitrate, and I am keeping the water to it fairly heavy.
Attached Images