Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 09-23-2012, 08:14 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneLineAtATime View Post
Theres a ad on Columbus C.L stolen equipment.. i posted it on here., We have State Farm you pick the price to cover. All mine is covered for more than its worth.. We love our insurance, laid back policy ever. I have been thinking of some low jack type system. We got robed at a garden show during tear down last year. $800 cash laptop with everything on it, and my lead book from the show 30 leads for hardscapes... Killed my year, it was another company that did it..
I also have state farm and they have been wonderful!
I might add that getting with in 9k of 40k is pretty good. But that is my opinion.
Old 11-27-2012, 08:45 PM
LawnSite Member

This Company advertises pretty heavy with OLA here might want to give him a call, http://botson-friedel.webagent4u.com/
Old 12-05-2012, 12:36 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Grange insurance our of Ohio would cover It all to replaceable value. Newest model out.

Sorry u got your stuff stolen, I have gotton stuff stolen twice this year. It sucks!
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 01-08-2013, 02:12 PM
LawnSite Member

You don't steal period. But to steal a persons means of work thats just down right dirty!!!!! Im sorry that happen to you.
Old 06-16-2013, 11:27 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trueblue108 View Post
Through steel security doors, dead bolts, padlocked overhead doors, some jerks made off with $61,000 in equipment. Truck, trailer, two Z's, aerator, 2-cycle equipment, and tons of other stuff, gone overnight. Other than Craigslist, Ebay, Equipment Trader, and Ohio Farm and Dairy, does anyone know of any on-line classified or auction sites in NE Ohio where I can look for my stuff?

Brian
A relatively inexpensive and quite efficient protection against theft of vehicles is achieved by adding a kill switch to a vital component, like the fuel pump, for example.

The trick is to do a VERY good job. The switch must be strategically located. And the wires must not stand out.

I used to have kill switch installed on all my cars.
Old 09-19-2014, 09:26 PM
LawnSite Member

What if.... each piece of equipment had a hidden tag with technology inside that could be registered by the owner. An application connected to a world-wide tracking system is able to locate that piece of equipment at the touch of a button on your phone or computer.
When you by the equipment you mount the tag and sync if with the application. Print out your inventory and store it too, maybe. When something is taken, the app locates the tag hidden within and shows you exactly where it is. Then call the cops. Bring the proof with you. Retrieve your stuff.

I can imagine how this tech would work. I'm wondering if there is enough demand for it to build it.
Your thoughts?
Old 09-19-2014, 09:36 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Yeah. But its not going to be cost effective usually
Posted via Mobile Device

Tags
auction , classifieds , stolen , thief , thieves