Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 06-15-2013, 09:50 PM
LawnSite Member

exmark navigator?

So i see the navigators are pretty popular. where i live in nothern nh i have never seen an exmark navigator!! can someone just explain to me what makes them better/worse than a regular zero turn? And in my opinion why they lookso stupid :P it would be much appreciated! where i live we run a lot of lazer z's, turf rangers, and deeres. thanks
Old 06-15-2013, 11:08 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

They cut so good. But please understand these mowers have a sole purpose. They are dedicated baggers. They are made for small high end properties that have to be perfect. They are good for tight areas and horrible on hills. If you cut huge hilly properties you would be wasting your money with this machine. If your cutting high end, very intricate, precise semi flat properties from 1/4-3/4 acres, then you can't get a better mower. They are great for cleanups. They are expensive to fix but are reliable if taken care of like anything else. You have to pay attention more with this mower since its a dedicated bagger and everything it cuts runs through another blade on its way to the hopper. So if you hit a huge rock, log, stick, baseball ect, the machine will try to bag it, and destroy all kinds of things including your wallet. That's why you run them on properties that don't have that crap on them. I've noticed you really have to watch out for golf balls since all the properties we cut with this machine always backup to golf courses.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 06-17-2013, 10:08 AM
Sponsor

Please let us know if you would like additional information about the Navigator. You can also find more information on our website: http://exmark.com/Products/Default.a...fProduct=mower You can contact your local dealer and request a demo. If needed, please use our dealer locator to find your closest dealer. http://www.exmarkdealer.com/.
Old 07-19-2013, 09:49 PM
LawnSite Member

Most all of my lawns are small high-end lawns.

The Navigator, for me, didn't work out. The middle caster wheel consistently caused damage when the wheel yoke and fork snapped around to change direction.

May have been just my machine but I would love to try another. The wheel fork was adjusted to spin with less than .05 #s.
Old 07-19-2013, 11:44 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Strange? I haven't ever had that problem
Old 07-19-2013, 11:50 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Is there not a clipping reduction function on the Navigator....that Walkers donít have...?
Old 07-20-2013, 02:37 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourmove View Post
Most all of my lawns are small high-end lawns.

The Navigator, for me, didn't work out. The middle caster wheel consistently caused damage when the wheel yoke and fork snapped around to change direction.

May have been just my machine but I would love to try another. The wheel fork was adjusted to spin with less than .05 #s.
Walker had a double tail wheel kit that eliminated this problem. You may be able to retrofit it. It's two wheels mounted together in the center on the same pivot. Then will counter-rotate when turning and won't tear the turf.
Old 07-20-2013, 02:35 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by exmarkking View Post
Strange? I haven't ever had that problem
Yes - I just got done demonstrating this problem to the dealer . . . he took back the machine without a problem.

He is surprised as well.
Old 07-20-2013, 02:39 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mag360 View Post
Walker had a double tail wheel kit that eliminated this problem. You may be able to retrofit it. It's two wheels mounted together in the center on the same pivot. Then will counter-rotate when turning and won't tear the turf.
Thanks - this does sound like a reasonable solution; however, the Navigator has been returned.

In the future I am going with a Turf Tracer or something of that nature.

I do believe the trade-off for comfort and productivity comes at the cost of a heavier machine that does not tread as light as a WB.