Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 06-11-2013, 11:12 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Demo'ing first is ALWAYS best, but still, I believe you'll be more than satisfied with that engine. Post some pics if/when you get it.
Old 06-11-2013, 11:46 PM
LawnSite Member

Nobody remembers when the 72" 25HP Lazer z was the big boy on the block?
Old 06-12-2013, 12:49 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Since there was such a big deal made (in the world of small engines) about how the horse power of small engines was rated, I'm a little surprised that the dealer didn't give you (at least) a few more details on the matter, especially since he's a buddy of yours.

Maybe he didn't think it was necessary, but it just seems a little odd to me....but that's just me.

Please post some pics of whatever you decide on, and let us know how you rate (likes/dislikes of) whatever you end up with (both first impressions and then after using it a little while)!
Stan

Last edited by StanWilhite; 06-12-2013 at 12:51 AM. Reason: clarity
Old 06-12-2013, 07:15 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I have a 60" with 26 l/c Kaw and it has plenty of power, never needed more. You won't go full stick through a corn field but plenty of power for a lawn.
Old 06-12-2013, 08:06 AM
LawnSite Member

coming from an under powered but very fast mini Z, I just don't want the same mistake. I pick it up in an hour. I will cut today and find out. Thanks to all for the reasurance.
Kid
Old 06-12-2013, 01:43 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
coming from an under powered but very fast mini Z, I just don't want the same mistake. I pick it up in an hour. I will cut today and find out. Thanks to all for the reasurance.
Kid
Well how did it do??
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 06-13-2013, 02:39 AM
LawnSite Member

Very, very happy!!!

I picked it up today at Cresent Springs Hardware in Northern Ky. By 10:00am I was mowing. When I got off the exit (coming back), I noticed that the road crews had mowed next to the road. I pulled over next to some tall grass, bush hogged grass and so forth. Pulled the deck up and tried to get through some very thick, dead grass. This mower ate it up! I went through it, turned around and lowered the deck to 3.5 inches and it did great. Better than anything I have tested. Mark Wilson of CSH kept telling me to trust him. I always will, well unless I see him pulling out of my driveway.
We had a meeting tonight, Hy-Jumpers of Northern Ky, and he asked me if that mower was going to be OK. I just smiled and thanked him again. He said "Ken, I've been doing this for 43 years. Trust me, I know what they can do!"
So am I satisfied? You better believe I am. There was one place that normaly takes 1.5 hrs to do and it dropped 20min off the time. Oh yea, it also flies. I think I'll look for a windshield. I guess I have been living in a cave. Didn't know you could get so much out of a little engine. Oh well, thanks again for all your support, you guys were very helpful and help build my confidence. I'll report later but I think everyone knows what I'll say. Until then...........Cya.......
Kid
Old 06-13-2013, 02:43 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Glad you are happy.
Old 06-17-2013, 11:43 AM
LawnSite Member

Thanks

Yes, thanks again. It is flawless. No complaints. I truely don't know why you would want any more horsepower. It mows beautiful, stripes good, and does not leave anything behind. I had tested a lot of mowers and I think this Exmark is better than anything tested. I thank each and every one of you for your help. The best "Lawn Site" I could be a member of.......Cya, Kid
Old 06-17-2013, 05:27 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Congrats, I'm also happy for you!

I run a 26hpLC Kawi, and for my use it does just fine on a 60" deck. Of course there are applications (such as bagging or mulching) that would benefit from more hp, but for most jobs (especially if you keep the blades sharpened) it's more than enough.

Enjoy the new toy!
Stan