Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

View Poll Results: What is the best stand on mower?
Wright stander 33 23.08%
Toro Grandstand 24 16.78%
Exmark Vantage 20 13.99%
Great Dane Surfer 3 2.10%
Scag V-Ride 38 26.57%
John Deere QuikTrak 9 6.29%
Gravely Pro Stance 13 9.09%
Bad Boy Outlaw 0 0%
EverRide Scorpion 0 0%
Ferris Evolution 2 1.40%
"HATE THEM" 4 2.80%
Other 4 2.80%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 143. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-25-2013, 10:27 AM
LawnSite Member

Scag V-ride 36"

This is my second season with the 36" V-ride. I got it to eliminate push mowing where I cant get the big mower through a gate. I know 36" is super small but it will go virtually anywhere! To boot, it will give an excellent cut at much greater speed than I could walk behind any other mower and will turn around in the smallest space, even on the trailer. I've cut so many dog pins never having to put a foot on the ground.
Old 06-17-2013, 10:11 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 123hotdog View Post
I have a Great Dane 61" Super Surfer. These are no longer available. I will use it till I retire. I have a ztr, a front deck, and a walk behind, as well as my stander. If Wright made a stander with a diesel engine, I could sell three mowers and buy one. Before buying any new mower, I would check out the service dept and how they handle warranty repairs and loaners. I would go to the landscaping expo in Louisville Kentucky which is in October each year and get a price quote directly from the manufacturer. Then take that quote to your local dealer. It will save you thousands, I'll say that again, THOUSANDS of dollars.

Seriously? Can you get a mower for about two grand less than MSRP? If thats true,I will be going for sure. I think I want a stander,one that you can also walk with on slight hills. Very,very torn between that and a walk behind.
Old 06-29-2013, 03:33 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Before buying my 48 Grandstand a few years ago I used a 48 Turf Tracer HP. The Grandstand outshines the Walk behind in all aspects including hills. Now granted, not too many hills where I am at but I can make it track straight on the side of a ditch and the Turf tracer was a nightmare compared to the Grandstand. Stand ons are quickly replacing Walk behinds and I believe they will eventually take over many conventional Z turn sales as long as manufacturers dont gouge on pricing like they are doing with the sit downs.