Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 06-18-2013, 12:29 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMLC View Post
I paid $10600 for my 452 with a bagger, fleet pricing(basically got the bagger for free). The last two digits of the 400 series is the deck size. 452, 460 and 472.
Posted via Mobile Device
Thanks for the info gmlc! They use the same system Bmw does so it doesn't complicate things. There are exceptions now, but generally the 528i has a 2.8L inline 6 and the 335i has the 3.0 twin turbo to make it a bit confusing. Silly question, but is the 100 series like the tiger cat, 200 like the cheetah and 400 like the turf tiger? Since that was more of the familiar line for me it was easier to ask. Fleet pricing...how does that work or do you get that and with a bagger?!?! It would've been great for a lot of properties this spring with the growth and rain I have been seeing. Looks like it would save a lot of time also.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 06-18-2013, 12:30 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridin' Green View Post
Don't miisunderstand me mate. I like speed as much as, or more so, than most guys, but as I said, super fast speeds are of very little use the majority of the time for those of use who mow for money. All the big ZTR's are more than fast enough for an LCO to make good time at a property.
Yea that's pretty well what I thought you meant
Old 06-18-2013, 07:36 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dropctony View Post
How does the Cheetah ride? How does it cut at high speeds? I have the Tiger cat and pleased, but I would love a little smoother ride and faster mower in time. I mowed two properties owned by the same owner today side by side totaling 10 acres of wide open field....10mph with a 52'' deck seemed like I was crawling. Plus the imperfections or ruts threw me around a bit. Does the 8psi in the front tires do well or feel great?
Keep in mind Ive only had 10mins of seat time. But I threw it over the bumps as best I could & It felt very good. The shock works very well! absorbs the back jarring almost completely, but I didn't use it on any property Im familiar with. However I can say with a lot of confidence you would love the ride of the cheetah over the tiger cat & if you can ride at 10mph constantly then you wouldnt have any serious ruts just a lot of imperfections, the cheetah will soak the small stuff up nicely for you! It also has some nice big rubber ISO mounts under the seat & the seat itself is well padded and formed to the body. Definitely take it for a demo
Old 06-18-2013, 08:44 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Thanks for the info gmlc! They use the same system Bmw does so it doesn't complicate things. There are exceptions now, but generally the 528i has a 2.8L inline 6 and the 335i has the 3.0 twin turbo to make it a bit confusing. Silly question, but is the 100 series like the tiger cat, 200 like the cheetah and 400 like the turf tiger? Since that was more of the familiar line for me it was easier to ask. Fleet pricing...how does that work or do you get that and with a bagger?!?! It would've been great for a lot of properties this spring with the growth and rain I have been seeing. Looks like it would save a lot of time also.
Posted via Mobile Device
The 100 series is Gravely's small frame mower like the tiger cat, the 200 series is a large frame mower like the Turf Tiger, and the 400 series is also a large frame mower like the TT but with all the latest and greatest technology like the 61" cheetah. Fleet pricing is 20% off msrp when spending $12000 or more on two pieces of equipment. A bagging system use to qualify.

Gravely also just recently introduced a pro-turn series that is an entry level commercial mower for those on a budget. And to confuse things even more they have a pro master and pro ride which are a more specialized line with available rear discharge and articulating front end.
Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited by GMLC; 06-18-2013 at 08:53 AM.
Old 06-18-2013, 12:06 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
The 100 series is Gravely's small frame mower like the tiger cat, the 200 series is a large frame mower like the Turf Tiger, and the 400 series is also a large frame mower like the TT but with all the latest and greatest technology like the 61" cheetah. Fleet pricing is 20% off msrp when spending $12000 or more on two pieces of equipment. A bagging system use to qualify.

Gravely also just recently introduced a pro-turn series that is an entry level commercial mower for those on a budget. And to confuse things even more they have a pro master and pro ride which are a more specialized line with available rear discharge and articulating front end.
Posted via Mobile Device
I don't think I would be interested in the last pro turn you spoke about that was entry level. It seems that would be taking a step backwards yes? Also, why do the baggin system stop counting for something? That is much needed IMO for various properties I do, especially some of the realty and bank properties that I do that haven't been cut and is over 2.5' tall. I will check out the website to see what qualifies or a second piece.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 06-18-2013, 05:14 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
I don't think I would be interested in the last pro turn you spoke about that was entry level. It seems that would be taking a step backwards yes? Also, why do the baggin system stop counting for something? That is much needed IMO for various properties I do, especially some of the realty and bank properties that I do that haven't been cut and is over 2.5' tall. I will check out the website to see what qualifies or a second piece.
Posted via Mobile Device
No you would not want the entry level machine. The 100 series and up would be great for you. I don't know why the bagger does not qualify for the fleet program anymore. Most people now buy a ZTR and a 21" or dethatcher to qualify for the fleet savings.
Old 06-18-2013, 07:53 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridin' Green View Post
Don't miisunderstand me mate. I like speed as much as, or more so, than most guys, but as I said, super fast speeds are of very little use the majority of the time for those of use who mow for money. All the big ZTR's are more than fast enough for an LCO to make good time at a property.
after mowing for 25{plus} years....I like the faster speeds that are available.
This is speaking for Southern lawns. I started out in TX where the temps get up to 120 on a lwan in direct sunlight- through the dog days of the summer at that. That was mowing at about 3.5" on treated and irrigated lawns.
Always quality cuts there, chit looks like carpet when mowing at 3" on bermu.
even full stick with lazer Z's

Nowadays I mow northern lawns in MN. at 4"...thin grass is kind of different.
It doesn't always stand up, so yeah, the faster speed seems less viable
through the hottest part of summer on KBG. Cutting lower tends to fry KBG in the heat, if not being watered adequatly.
Old 06-18-2013, 09:12 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by unit28 View Post
after mowing for 25{plus} years....I like the faster speeds that are available.
This is speaking for Southern lawns.
I started out in TX where the temps get up to 120 on a lwan in direct sunlight- through the dog days of the summer at that. That was mowing at about 3.5" on treated and irrigated lawns.
Always quality cuts there, chit looks like carpet when mowing at 3" on bermu.
even full stick with lazer Z's

Nowadays I mow northern lawns in MN. at 4"...thin grass is kind of different.
It doesn't always stand up, so yeah, the faster speed seems less viable
through the hottest part of summer on KBG. Cutting lower tends to fry KBG in the heat, if not being watered adequatly.
It's very hard for many to comprehend this statement unless it has been experienced.

Many people honestly don't realize what a truly accurate 12 mph mowing speed feels like, it is much faster than most realize. When people own a mower listed by the manufacturer as a 12 mph machine, that is far from the actual mowing speed. To get a real mowing speed of 12 mph, when deducting for deck and blade drag, you will need a full 13.5 mph machine. Honestly, there are only a few mowers capable of cutting at 12 mph.
Old 06-18-2013, 09:47 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by puppypaws View Post
It's very hard for many to comprehend this statement unless it has been experienced.

Many people honestly don't realize what a truly accurate 12 mph mowing speed feels like, it is much faster than most realize. When people own a mower listed by the manufacturer as a 12 mph machine, that is far from the actual mowing speed. To get a real mowing speed of 12 mph, when deducting for deck and blade drag, you will need a full 13.5 mph machine. Honestly, there are only a few mowers capable of cutting at 12 mph.
And even fewer that cut good at that speed or not buck you off!!!
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 06-18-2013, 11:34 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
And even fewer that cut good at that speed or not buck you off!!!
Posted via Mobile Device
Definitely true on northern turf.