Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 06-18-2013, 10:26 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Keep them coming man I like to see the St. Louis stuff that I recognize. I have been seeing a lot of the Sterett trucks around town.
Old 06-19-2013, 03:16 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Never ceases to amaze me how much deflection those juice rigs end up having when you stroke them all the way out. That red and white Liebherr a few photos into the set looks like a fishing rod going for all she's worth all stretched out. I spent the last couple years of my apprenticeship working around lattice crawlers, most of my crane time was working with a Manitowoc 4100SII and SIII Ringer but I spent a little time with a Liebherr HS895 as well. Take advantage of all the training you can get, that's what sets us apart from the rest. Enjoy the ride, apprenticeship within the IUOE was one of my better choices.

Go hard, go fast, or go home
Old 07-10-2013, 04:32 PM
LawnSite Member

Well I went on a two week vacation and came back to this job, it is 9 miles of road that is the 3rd phase of this whole road job. I am working 6 days a week 10hr days running a John Deere 9630 pulling 2 renolds pull pans. I will be on this job for the rest of the summer an I have to say its way better than oiling on a crane lol.

first day we got rained out

my tractor, it is the only 9630 on the job the rest are brand new 9560's but Im not complaining considering it only has a bit over 1000hrs on it

lunch time

my tractor broke down on the night shift so we put my pans on the challenger and I ran that while mine was being fixed.

the fill zone

going into the cut

found a soft spot

shutting down for the day

got rained out an hour in today

Old 07-10-2013, 04:53 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Awesome pics.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 07-10-2013, 06:53 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Don't mind my commets,but i would wether be running a couple 637's push and pull scrapers with a good buddy that new how to run the other 37 then the tractor scraper jokes.

Just a old time dirt mover thinking to his self.Good pictures tho,thanks!!!!
Old 07-19-2013, 04:53 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Looking good man!! Where is that Webber project at?? I love that sticker I think I might have to get a few of them made!
Old 07-20-2013, 08:16 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krafty View Post
Looking good man!! Where is that Webber project at?? I love that sticker I think I might have to get a few of them made!
Well the job is the 3rd phase of the Page avenue extension and its actualy a joint venture between Fred Webber, Kolb, and Millstone Bangert. I am working for Kolb and we are doing most of the earth moving on the job with Webber doing the hauling and supplying a few machines and operators to assist us. I have more pics from this week that I will have to put up we moved on Monday to another section of the job because we where down to sub grade on that section by Sunday.
Old 07-22-2013, 07:53 PM
LawnSite Member

Here are some pics from last week. Monday morning we moved on to another portion of the job and since it was only about 3 miles away we just roaded everything over there except the D8 and Compactor.

This brand new ctl was delivered the day we were moving on. It literally came off fabick's lot and came to the job, it still had all the paperwork attached.

We moved them 2 at a time.

the new site

making a ramp so we can build the slopes up.

blew a hose

there was to much moisture in the fill so it kept failing our compaction tests so we had to bring in the disk to air it out.

Lucky me got stopped to take samples of the fill material

Finally a storm rolling in on sat that ended up blowing right over us.

Old 07-22-2013, 08:45 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Any difference between the challenger and the john deere pulling the pans? Very cool pictures. Looks like the company your working for has some nice pick up trucks.
Old 06-02-2014, 09:23 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by noahb195 View Post
Any difference between the challenger and the john deere pulling the pans? Very cool pictures. Looks like the company your working for has some nice pick up trucks.
There are some big differences the challengers ride smooth and pull very well but don't do as well on slopes. The John deeres ride horrible but do great on slopes and pull those pans around like there is nothing behind them.

Yes they do have very nice pickups too they are in the posses of upgrading all their trucks and they deck them all out when they get them in from the dealer. I have a tone of pictures from that job all the way up till we got shut down for the winter. Here are a few of them

dozer got stuck

nothing like everything breaking at once

found a wet spot

all about production

My riding bosses truck

just a little dust

The start of 475,000 yards of borrow pit along a creak.... nothing but mud. We had a month and a half to do it and we did it in a month. The kicker is most of the material was being hauled 2.5 mi one way. We were pretty proud when we got it done after dealing with tractors constantly stuck and horrible conditions we still got it done faster than they thought.

a pretty common sight when you are cutting nothing but mud

team work

demo unit

night shift loves breaking things and not saying anything about it

Came in one morning and only had one pan on my tractor.

side dump going over on its side in the fill

Had lumps forming on the side wall of the inside tire.

early morning starts in late fall.

my favorite picture from the job

Last picture I got before snow shut us down for the winter.

I am no longer with that company since I was hired by another company over the winter but The owners wife called me a few months ago asking me to come back and told me If I get laid off from the company Im with right now she would have a spot for me so that is very nice to know. I am loving my apprenticeship and I am loving the new company Im with also. I will put pictures from there up soon.