Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 06-20-2013, 10:14 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I had to carry my customer whom is old down the stairs bc his legs gave out. I just put him on my back and down the stairs I went into his car.

another time my employee was cutting a lawn ive had for yrs and the care taker came out and asked him if he could go in and pick him up bc he has fallen. well she forgot to mention he was naked with just a pillow over his crotch.

first time servicing a new customer I had to carry her dying grey hound dog into her car. It was a pretty sad moment
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 06-20-2013, 10:34 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenstar lawn View Post
first time servicing a new customer I had to carry her dying grey hound dog into her car. It was a pretty sad moment
Posted via Mobile Device
Oh man, I don't know if it could have handled that. I love my dogs so much.
Old 06-20-2013, 11:02 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

I do a lot of extras for my customers, but to be honest its to promote my business.

I have made friendships with a lot of customers, and that's not to promote my business. Its a real blessing to be in a business that people enjoy having you around.

A couple of things I do is alaways wave to neighbors, make sure I don't block the mail box, and I even talk a little to the garbage man.

A little kindness eliminates a whole lot of nitpicking...
Old 06-20-2013, 11:51 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Services View Post
Paid my taxes. Does that count?
It does count your paying 50% of Americans bills! keep up the good work!
Old 06-21-2013, 08:12 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94gt331 View Post
It does count your paying 50% of Americans bills! keep up the good work!
aint that the truth!

whats sad about that is while i'm worrying about money and making ends meet none of them have a care in the world about that. they know their checks are coming and their homes paid for
Old 06-21-2013, 08:48 AM
LawnSite Member

Yesterday as a matter of fact. I pruned 7 trees the city had planted along the street in front of my clients property. The client don't care about the trees because they're the city's. The city don't care because you can look across the street and see their neglected trees. They're just saplings. Flowering crab, birch etc. Took an hour. No pay. They just needed pruning. I'll probably catch grief from both my client and the city. No good deed goes unpunished.
Old 06-21-2013, 02:18 PM
LawnSite Member

I Mowed an over grown lawn for one of my customers neighbors --- Found out she cracked her hip. Ouch...
Old 06-23-2013, 03:15 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I enjoy doing helpful things until it's not appreciated. Years back a friends parents & sister didn't have any heat in their mobile home & we were in the freezing temps. I drove 20 miles out to the Walmart near their home to purchase electric mattress pads. Before checking out I received a call from the mom saying "we don't need your charity, we have plenty of blankets". Apparently word got back to her what I was doing 'cause I thought it good to ask the sister if they were home & suggested what I was up to.
NEVER AGAIN!
Some people are so proud that you could try & give them a new house & they wouldn't take it. Dumb, dumb.
Nevertheless, being considerate of others is genetic so I've continued on.
Recently I've called the power co. to pay someones electric bill. Not sure they ever noticed that it was paid by someone else.
Any time I spot the preacher parked at Sonny's BBQ restaurant I pull into drive thru to pay for his meal. He's not your typical money hungry pastor,(he refuses to take a dime for anything, yes anything) he's been doing irrigation work for 30+ years & sweats it out with the rest of us & at the same time shows how we're not under the tithing system of the O.T.
Old 06-23-2013, 03:23 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

One time I pulled over to help a stranded vehicle at 11 at night. I started changing the tire & the guy only poked his head out momentarily to say hello & say how fast I got there. I'm thinking what nerve he's got not assisting me, I mean it's his vehicle not mine. Now get your butt out here and hold a flashlight or something. Within a few minutes a AAA tow-truck pulled up, that's when the owner got out and asked me who I was. I said I was just passing by & saw you needed help. He said "I was wondering how you arrived so quickly having just got off the phone with you". Wasn't me he talked to but was the AAA guy. Well the tires changed at this point.
Old 06-24-2013, 11:00 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by weeze View Post
i do alot of small things that noone probably ever notices. i'll spray some weeds that grow out in the street between the asphalt and concrete curb for the house across the street from my customer's house. takes less than a minute so i just hit it when i'm spraying my customer's weeds. that's just an example. i do things like blow the clippings into a neighbor's yard that they just left out in the street when they were mowing. i dunno if they see it as me helping or not.

I'm with you man. Nobody see's all the little stuff we do but as soon as we miss something you better believe they'll let you know about it. However, that doesn't stop me/us from doing it and sometimes a customer/neighbor catches it and it's worth it just for that.