Go Back   LawnSite.comô - Lawn Care & Landscaping Business Forum, Discuss News & Reviews > Sponsor Forums - Discuss with Sponsors Directly > Lawn Mowing Equipment & Accessories * * * * SPONSOR FORUMS > Hustler Turf Equip
User Name
Password
Home Products Find a Dealer News About Us Contact Us Mark Forums Read

Hustler Turf Equip Lawn Mowers & Turf Care Equipment

Old 06-19-2013, 06:56 AM
LawnSite Member

Fastrak SD

Good day, My unit is pulling to the left when handles are fully forward. Have checked the neutral position and adjustment is perfect no creeping forward and no whine noise. What step must be done to adjust the handle position. Thank you, Dorian
Old 06-19-2013, 11:33 PM
Sponsor

If you go to our website at hustlerturf.com on the bottom of the page you'll see a link for the manuals. please download your manual and it will teach you how to track your machine. Before starting the adjustments please get the unit in operating temp.

Brian O
Old 06-20-2013, 12:04 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorian Gilbert View Post
Good day, My unit is pulling to the left when handles are fully forward. Have checked the neutral position and adjustment is perfect no creeping forward and no whine noise. What step must be done to adjust the handle position. Thank you, Dorian
Just so you, I have a 2013 FT SD 48" and with both levers fuly forward; I've gone straight, pulling to the left and pulling to the right. It all depends on the surface I'm on. Rarely am I on a perfectly horizontal surface. Even the street isn't perfectly 'flat'.

Good luck with your mower, it is a beautiful machine.
Old 06-20-2013, 04:11 AM
LawnSite Member

Once I pull back on handle it tracks straight, so I know it is not the slope on the turf. Can't find directions to correct this situation. The handles need to be adjusted or the actual tracking.
Old 06-20-2013, 09:31 AM
Sponsor

Before making drive adjustments I would check tire pressure and be sure both tires are the same psi. If that is correct with no change I would then take an old measuring tape and be sure the diameter of the tires are the same. String works too. Sometimes the rubber on the tires are different hardness. A softer tire may have the same psi but the diameter would be larger, and that can mess up your tracking.

Brian O
Old 06-20-2013, 08:27 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorian Gilbert View Post
Once I pull back on handle it tracks straight, so I know it is not the slope on the turf. Can't find directions to correct this situation. The handles need to be adjusted or the actual tracking.
I don't understand this. When I do down an uneven surface I keep the mower straight by pulling back on one handle
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 06-20-2013, 09:10 PM
Sponsor

I believe he is on a flat surface when he does the pull back. one side is just running a bit faster that the other.

Brian O
Old 06-21-2013, 11:29 AM
LawnSite Member

Can I just adjust the handle back a bit to compensate.
Old 06-21-2013, 07:22 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Still gonna pull one way or other, because base of stick can still extend. Need to slow down faster side a touch by adjusting rod. If you don't understand how to do it, don't just start turning rod, as once you get off track, you'll mess neutral up also.
Old 06-21-2013, 08:35 PM
LawnSite Member

Thank you, seems that the right side is pushing mower to the left does that mean I need to shorten the right side adjustment rod.