Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 06-19-2013, 10:23 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

The polyester running shirts I wear were purchased at Target. I believe Champion makes them.
Old 06-19-2013, 10:28 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by OakNut View Post
The polyester running shirts I wear were purchased at Target. I believe Champion makes them.
We wear the same ones. $10 a pop, not bad. I like them a lot, even dark blue for the company uniform isn't bad in the heat.

Pittsburgh/Western PA Landscapers Networking Thread

For Sale Chevy truck parts
Old 06-19-2013, 10:42 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93Chevy View Post
We wear the same ones. $10 a pop, not bad. I like them a lot, even dark blue for the company uniform isn't bad in the heat.
Mine are $17. They have 3, or 4 different shirts that are similar in construction.
These have a long sleeve version too. I bought one to wear in the early spring/fall, but I hate long sleeves, so I rarely wear it.

Old 06-19-2013, 10:42 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I wear wide brimmed hats and finally found a cool one with a wide brim, uv protection and works great in the rain. 100 percent nylon and you can shape the brim. Www.sundayafternoons.com
Old 06-19-2013, 10:46 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTSNicholas View Post
dupell, does it seem better to have the long sleeves and less air flow or short sleeves with more breeze but more sun shining?

Patriot, I looked online and found some Men's NT Dri Mesh Athletic Shirts. Are those the ones you are talking about with mesh sides? That sounds really nice for breathing and not being obtrusive, though no long sleeves.
I have mine a size bigger so I get a little air flow on my arms, but it doesn't really bother me.
Old 06-19-2013, 10:51 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OakNut View Post
Mine are $17. They have 3, or 4 different shirts that are similar in construction.
These have a long sleeve version too. I bought one to wear in the early spring/fall, but I hate long sleeves, so I rarely wear it.

What is the name of that style? I know of Champion but there is no target nearby here. Maybe I could use this brand for the long sleeve rather than UnderArmor. I have ordered some Nordic Trac in the mesh version for t-shirt style.

@Vegan sounds like a good hat, that site has a lot of choices. Which type did you pick?
Old 06-19-2013, 11:31 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I got the field hat. No matter how dirty you get it, it still scrubs up nicely enough to wear on the weekends. I never go anywhere without a hat as direct sun gives me a headache. I've had it now for two mow seasons and it still looks pretty much new.
Old 06-19-2013, 11:57 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTSNicholas View Post
What is the name of that style? I know of Champion but there is no target nearby here. Maybe I could use this brand for the long sleeve rather than UnderArmor. I have ordered some Nordic Trac in the mesh version for t-shirt style.

@Vegan sounds like a good hat, that site has a lot of choices. Which type did you pick?
It's made by Champion for Target. You can't get them elsewhere. I looked last season when I wanted more, but Target was sold out.
There are surely others that are similar though.
Old 06-21-2013, 08:55 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I don't see how any of you can wear those. They feel like wearing trash bags. 100% cotton
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 06-21-2013, 09:10 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I have always worn cotton but my daughter got me a couple of running shirts for father's day and they are really comfortable. I figure for the price it wouldn't hurt to try some for work.