Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 06-23-2013, 11:31 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Insurance is one thing. 3 kids are another. Your business is your business. Busting azz at night, weekends, don't matter at this point. Once again it's your business. I suggest attend to it. It's your gain or a substantial lost. Step outside the box, the comfort zone and take off with YOUR business.
Old 06-24-2013, 12:04 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hustler king View Post
I want to open up the doors and take on some more landscaping work and definitely some more commercial mowing. I need some advice from anyone whose ever dealt with something similar in nature. Im willing to hire but what should I expect to pay for someone to just take the rains and be the man without pissing off my current supervisor? Thanks everyone
you have to remember that nobody is perfect. Your current lead guy sounds like he's doing pretty well -- not perfect, but so what....to me it sounds like you need someone in addition to him, not a replacement for him. Replacing him may send him packing unless you keep him happy money-wise and spin it as if he's actually getting promoted in some way....

And I think you are underestimating just how hard it will be to hire a new person who can just waltz in and take over. There is so much to learn with any new company...I would think with a business your size that it would take months -- IF -- you can find the right person at all. And let's face it, finding someone who's honest, a super-hard worker, someone who has experience -- someone who is intelligent, loyal, responsible, has a vehicle, can get to work every day -- someone who will work for the money you offer and do the job you want done is going to be a monumental task.....and will probably take a stroke of luck.