Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 03-19-2011, 12:28 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Toro Company View Post
Yes, this model should have 24" rear tires.
The Toro Company
Looks like the brochure is incorrect and the website is right.
Old 05-13-2011, 11:48 PM
LawnSite Member

dalt1 - let me know if you have an oil plug leak. I have the same mower as you (2010) model and the oil plug leaked. It appears to be the wrong plug because the o-ring does not touch the seat. I had to purchase a gasket that it is not designed to use to get it to stop leaking. Toro dealer wouldn't do anything even though I showed them two Kaw FX engines on their showroom floor that were also seeping oil. Hopefully Kaw has fixed this obvious defect.

Other than that I like the mower. Agree the brochure was wrong on the tires.
Old 05-14-2011, 09:25 AM
LawnSite Member

I noticed leaks on models on floor models (2010 models)at dealer and brought up concern. Dealer confirmed bad seals and said it had been fixed on 2011 models. Mine does not leak being a 2011. I like the mower but it rides considerably rougher than my old 2001 Exmark. I had the suspension seat on it, Now considering buying it for this one.
Old 05-14-2011, 09:26 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CincyWolf View Post
dalt1 - let me know if you have an oil plug leak. I have the same mower as you (2010) model and the oil plug leaked. It appears to be the wrong plug because the o-ring does not touch the seat. I had to purchase a gasket that it is not designed to use to get it to stop leaking. Toro dealer wouldn't do anything even though I showed them two Kaw FX engines on their showroom floor that were also seeping oil. Hopefully Kaw has fixed this obvious defect.

Other than that I like the mower. Agree the brochure was wrong on the tires.
How is that not covered under warranty?
Old 05-22-2011, 08:15 PM
LawnSite Member

It was covered by Kawasaki but the hassle of taking the mower back to the shop made it simpler to purchase a gasket and fix it myself at the 5 hour oil change. They never acknowledged there was a problem so I just imagined taking it in, them keeping it for days or weeks and then having them say there was nothing wrong. If they are admitting an issue with those FX engines now maybe I'll go back and see if they have a new plug kit that works.
Old 06-16-2013, 02:33 AM
LawnSite Member

I have an '09 74923 and absolutely love it!! It now has 1200 hours on it, and next year I'll be looking at a replacement. I talked with my dealer last week about getting one just like I have now, and they informed me that the 6000 series has taken over the G3 name and is now the same mower.
Problem is Toro, you guys don't offer the High Performance model anymore that I have loved! Might I ask why that is? I'm not sure that I want to settle for a 24.5hp 52" either... also does the new 6000 series have the tool-less adjustable deck baffle that my mower has?
Toro Turfmaster 30" (2)
Toro 21" Proline (6)
Walker MT EFI 48" GHS (1)
Echo Trimmers, Blowers, & Saws
Hiniker and Cycle Country Plows
Old 06-21-2013, 11:39 AM
Sponsor

Z Master model 74923

We are excited that you love your current Z Master mower.

Since the time you have purchased model 74923 in 2009, there have been some changes to the naming of the product series (G3 Performance to 6000 Series). We still carry model 74923 today, but under the 6000 Series name. From a product specification standpoint, the product today is essentially the same vs. 2009 models. It features a 52” Turbo Force deck and still has the tool-less adjustable deck baffle standard. From an engine standpoint, we are using the same Kawasaki engine (FX751V) today as the 2009 model 74923 that you have. What is different is that the engine manufacturer has changed the way they rate horsepower. The engine’s HP was rated at 27 HP in 2009. Now, the same FX751V engine is rated at 24.5 HP today. The engine has not changed, only the way the HP is rated. In addition, the product today features a standard deluxe suspension seat vs. the 2009 model which did not have that standard.

Thanks for your interest and continued support of Toro products!
Old 06-24-2013, 12:04 AM
LawnSite Member

Wow that's all great news to hear!! I'm really looking forward to trying one out at sometime this year. Thank you!
Toro Turfmaster 30" (2)
Toro 21" Proline (6)
Walker MT EFI 48" GHS (1)
Echo Trimmers, Blowers, & Saws
Hiniker and Cycle Country Plows