Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 06-26-2013, 01:08 AM
LawnSite Member

Thanks Ridin Green. Yes both Mick & greenology have been very helpful to me via an AU forum. Mick is probably sick of me pumping him for info over the last few years
Old 06-26-2013, 01:09 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by edbeek View Post
Hi there. First post for me.
I took a 3100 for a quick demo a few weeks ago. Being 6'4" tall, my knee would interfere with the steering lever when operating the deck lift. Sat in one again today at the shop and it looks like there is still a bit of adjustment left in the handles, but doesn't seem like enough. Seat was back as far as it would go.
Wondering if any taller people have been able to set it up to comfortably use the deck lift?

Also, would I be right in assuming that the 36hp 1000 odd cc B&S is rated on the old rating standard and would actually be roughly equivalent to the Kawasaki 31hp 999cc which is rated with the new standard?
Hey edbeek, good to see you on here! This is cylo. Your still giving some thought to the 3100 which is good. I'm still waiting on the dealer to get demo in before I can give my input/decide what to buy.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 06-26-2013, 05:39 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Thanks Ridin Green. Yes both Mick & greenology have been very helpful to me via an AU forum. Mick is probably sick of me pumping him for info over the last few years
Hi ya Ed! Happy to help mate!
Old 06-26-2013, 06:22 PM
LawnSite Member

Hi Mick & Greenology. Yes i still like the Ferris but leaning towards the Gravely 460 at this stage. Mostly because I can get the demo machine with about 30 hrs for a much better price. Still haven't demoed it yet though. Still plenty of time to make my decision.
Old 06-26-2013, 06:49 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Hi there. First post for me.
I took a 3100 for a quick demo a few weeks ago. Being 6'4" tall, my knee would interfere with the steering lever when operating the deck lift. Sat in one again today at the shop and it looks like there is still a bit of adjustment left in the handles, but doesn't seem like enough. Seat was back as far as it would go.
Wondering if any taller people have been able to set it up to comfortably use the deck lift?

Also, would I be right in assuming that the 36hp 1000 odd cc B&S is rated on the old rating standard and would actually be roughly equivalent to the Kawasaki 31hp 999cc which is rated with the new standard?
I'm 6'2 and have the suspension seat upgrade which also raises the seat about 3-4" fits me better than anything I have been on. Maybe the lap bars were not adjusted right you shouldn't have had any problems.
Old 06-26-2013, 07:23 PM
LawnSite Member

Thanks skew. The lap bars were in their highest position, but there was still some fore/aft adjustment still available, so that would probably be enough. Could even be some height adjustment at the bottom of the sticks that I missed.
I spent more time crawling around the floor trying to get my head around how the suspension works. Still haven't got the rear end worked out exactly but confident that it works. Some heavy duty engineering back there.
Old 06-26-2013, 09:19 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Thanks skew. The lap bars were in their highest position, but there was still some fore/aft adjustment still available, so that would probably be enough. Could even be some height adjustment at the bottom of the sticks that I missed.
I spent more time crawling around the floor trying to get my head around how the suspension works. Still haven't got the rear end worked out exactly but confident that it works. Some heavy duty engineering back there.
The ferris uses an a-arm suspension like an automobile. Take a look at the front end of most new pickups, it's the same thing.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 07-11-2013, 07:52 AM
LawnSite Member

Its been 2 weeks of solid rain I finally got to mow errr looks like I cut hay.

You Dirty Little Girl!!!!!

Name:  IMAG0027.jpg
Views: 86
Size:  68.0 KB

Name:  IMAG0028.jpg
Views: 87
Size:  77.8 KB

Let daddy spray you down with soap

Name:  IMAG0029.jpg
Size:  58.8 KB

Name:  IMAG0030.jpg
Views: 86
Size:  64.5 KB

Thats better now you can stay in the garage.

Name:  IMAG0031.jpg
Views: 85
Size:  67.2 KB

Name:  IMAG0032.jpg
Size:  76.3 KB

I guess I have too much time on my hands now after riding a Ferris it saves me over 6hrs of mowing each time i mow.
Old 07-11-2013, 07:57 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

CMKILL posted what I could already see with my 2 own eyes when I looked at a 3100, Fragile and spindly.
Old 07-11-2013, 08:05 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Demoed the 3100z today! Very impressed, I'll post some cut pics later but just wanted to mention I did get the same problem with the foot assisted deck lift, however I think the simplest fix for me would be to unbolt the foot pad and turn it 180 degree so its further away which will mean your knee won't be bent so high up.
Posted via Mobile Device