Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 06-26-2013, 12:51 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

My definition of fine is, there's thousands of trees like that one, and worse standing next to houses. Yes, the included bark is a sign of a poor branch structure, and it should be removed soon, but its been standing there for 20+ years with that same branch structure, a couple months till winter to save $500 seems like a fair gamble.

I'll post some pictures of MONSTER trees with included bark that stood through some nasty storms. I started my own business as a tree removal company after 4 years of experience working for a professional arborist (ISA certified) but turned directions after having my son, and a reason to come home every night.

This tree didn't suffer damage because of an inclusion, but I've removed a few that stood threw tornadoes.

Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited by Outdoors_Unlimited; 06-26-2013 at 12:56 PM.
Old 06-26-2013, 01:17 PM
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outdoors_Unlimited View Post
My definition of fine is, there's thousands of trees like that one, and worse standing next to houses. Yes, the included bark is a sign of a poor branch structure, and it should be removed soon, but its been standing there for 20+ years with that same branch structure, a couple months till winter to save $500 seems like a fair gamble.

I'll post some pictures of MONSTER trees with included bark that stood through some nasty storms. I started my own business as a tree removal company after 4 years of experience working for a professional arborist (ISA certified) but turned directions after having my son, and a reason to come home every night.

This tree didn't suffer damage because of an inclusion, but I've removed a few that stood threw tornadoes.

Posted via Mobile Device
You really don't understand my point. Perhaps you should contact the OP and ask if you can take the tree down for free, or maybe find out what the deductable is on his homeowners policy and pay that when the tree crushes his house. Either way the OP will come out a winner.
easy-lift guy
Old 06-26-2013, 01:39 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

I'm with easy-lift guy.

I like my guns like Obama likes his voters: Undocumented

Criminals obey gun laws like politicians follow their oaths of office
Old 07-11-2013, 10:43 AM
LawnSite Member

CHOP- CHOP or should I say BUZZZZZZZZ. Get that bad boy down quick before storms hit this Summer
Sell the wood for the winter