Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 09-06-2003, 12:21 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally posted by mdb landscaping
i lined my dump trailer....was a little leary at first about issues with material sliding out.....but it worked out great. i ended up selling the trailer about 2 years later and upgrading in size, but the spray in material held up great. i would definately recommend doing it. no rusting or scratched paint.
I was thinking the same thing (lining my dump insert). Now granted mdb has not had a problem (yet) with material getting stuck. The problem I see lies with the texture of the lining. You need the inside of that body as smooth as possible. I drove dump trucks for years and even one or two days worth of rust would make wet materials like soil, sand, even mulch stick to the body and not come out. So with a textured liner, I can see this being a big problem. I was told once by LineX, that the product actually comes out smooth and they add the texture. That sounded a little fishy to me; kinda like a sales pitch. Anyways, I've seen a lot of things sprayed including the inside of a salt spreader. The benefits would be phenomenal. But trust me, you get a wet glop of mud in that thing and it doesn't want to come out, you're gonna be PISSED!

Marshall

(Read this with upper teeth over bottom lip)...yall, weez don't do no WEED WACKIN.
(Now pull teeth back in)... "WE STRING TRIM"

http://www.fdnyengine6.org

My Photo Page
Old 09-06-2003, 04:34 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

most companies do add the texture to the "slurry" when spraying. you can have one sprayed in totally smooth, but since they were developed for truck beds, people wanted some texture to prevent stuff from sliding on the material.
Old 09-07-2003, 12:00 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally posted by 0ryan0
Be sure to post some pics when it's all done

You'll love the insert. I use the heck out of mine. Who is custom building the insert?

Ryan
we have a single axle dump but for tight places or areas that are wet, the single axle can be a little much. this custom bed is being made by EzDumper, i say custom because the dealer had to take measurments of my specific truck.

this is going in a '00 2500 chev and primarily because of its ability to get into tight spaces and not worry about getting stuck in 1" of mud.

for small mulch jobs we shovel from the bed of several pick ups, all lined w/ rhinoliner. it is different than a stock bed or even a bedliner but the pros out weigh the cons X10 IMO.

we originally thought of doing our single axle dump bed but its in such bad shape already, why spend a few hundred on it? LOL.