Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 06-27-2013, 02:22 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by StockmanLawnscape View Post
Just be careful with the quality of this equipment. Your talking around $6,600 for everything. So therefore I assume that everything is residential or very, very low end commercial. If you want to build into a larger company, you have to think if this equipment will even last the next 4 years. You can't even buy a brand new toro, exmark, scag, gravely, etc. zero turn for under your total price for everything.

I don't know the ins and outs of your business, so I can't make the decision. I just know that we try to never buy anything that can wear out within a year or two. Durability is a large factor to consider before making any purchase.

However, if you do decide to finance, you picked the right way to do it, 0%.

Good Luck!
Agreed. Im sick to my stomach when I think about how much "good" equipment costs. For example, a 5 year old Walker(New, cost close to twice that package deal price) that is still putting money in my pocket as we speak. Paid for, with low maintenance costs, my profit margin is at its peak with that particular mower. EFI is a good investment.

Personally I wouldn't do that deal. Not that its a bad deal for what your getting, but I wouldn't trust any of my hired help, or myself for that matter with homeowner duty equipment. Gotta keep your mind in the "thinking ahead" mode. Id say get a new/newer homeowner duty push mower for like $200, use the peripherals you already have (blower, line trimmer, etc) and look on craigslist for a decent used walk behind. I was able to pick up a '03 big-tex 6'x12' for $600 to start. Keep your blades sharpened and make that $$$$$.

$2500 on decent used WB, $200-$300 on decent used push mower, $600-$700 on trailer, $50 on harbor freight bench grinder = $3550. $6600 - $3550 = save yourself $3050 for that rainy day cause we all know they come at the worst possible time.

Good Luck Whatever you decide!
Old 06-27-2013, 02:41 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Pzt is a good mower

Not homeowner at all
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 06-27-2013, 02:41 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landscaping Specialties View Post
Agreed. Im sick to my stomach when I think about how much "good" equipment costs. For example, a 5 year old Walker(New, cost close to twice that package deal price) that is still putting money in my pocket as we speak. Paid for, with low maintenance costs, my profit margin is at its peak with that particular mower. EFI is a good investment.

Personally I wouldn't do that deal. Not that its a bad deal for what your getting, but I wouldn't trust any of my hired help, or myself for that matter with homeowner duty equipment. Gotta keep your mind in the "thinking ahead" mode. Id say get a new/newer homeowner duty push mower for like $200, use the peripherals you already have (blower, line trimmer, etc) and look on craigslist for a decent used walk behind. I was able to pick up a '03 big-tex 6'x12' for $600 to start. Keep your blades sharpened and make that $$$$$.

$2500 on decent used WB, $200-$300 on decent used push mower, $600-$700 on trailer, $50 on harbor freight bench grinder = $3550. $6600 - $3550 = save yourself $3050 for that rainy day cause we all know they come at the worst possible time.

Good Luck Whatever you decide!

Thanks! Trailer costs down here used start around $700 and thats if you jump on it right when it hits CL..usually they go for around $1200...This thread is a little old and the financing is still an option however I am working on a deal as I am typing this with a guy who has a Toro Proline 32" with 13hp Kohler and Velky. Seems like it is going to be a good deal..Plus he is wanting to trade for something I already have.. Trimmers etc. are usually good to buy new in my opinion because sure you pay a little more than people are asking online used but then you are seeing what is happening with the equipment from day one. We all know people use and abuse equipment constantly and then clean it up with a pressure washer literally shine it and say its like brand new.
Old 06-27-2013, 02:45 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiffyspark View Post
Pzt is a good mower

Not homeowner at all
Posted via Mobile Device

Do you own it? Any experience with it? Any help and opinions are greatly considered! I posted in the equipment thread and didn't get a response. I also check the Husqvarna website and there was one review. The guy gave it 5 stars...but says the only con is "Could Cut Better"...thats the point of the mower to cut...so it better be a great cut...

But I am looking for honest reviews you never know when the only one I could find is on the Husqvarna website.
Old 06-27-2013, 10:34 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

NELINC.com leasing so you can write the cost off on taxes
Old 06-28-2013, 01:02 AM
LawnSite Member

I understand the "no financing" mindset, but I think 0% interest deals make sense in the sense that you're using someone else's money to make money. I went into my dealer to get some blades & he asked if I'd seen the new Toro Turfmasters. I told him I'd been reading about them online but wasn't sure on them yet. Long story short, I got one for 48 mos 0%. We both laughed when we saw they were offering 48 mo terms on a $1750 mower. I obviously won't be taking 48 to pay it off, but I COULD if I wanted.

I also refinanced my pickup to get a '12 Toro Grandstand 48". It raised my monthly payment a whole $1.15 & extended it 10 more months, from 26 to 36, and I got a much lower interest rate by switching banks. The increased productivity it gives me over my walk behind made it a no-brainer as far as I'm concerned.

Smart use of credit is a valuable tool IMHO
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 06-28-2013, 08:45 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

wish I could get a decent rate for my truck
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 06-28-2013, 06:59 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozarkbilly View Post
I understand the "no financing" mindset, but I think 0% interest deals make sense in the sense that you're using someone else's money to make money. I went into my dealer to get some blades & he asked if I'd seen the new Toro Turfmasters. I told him I'd been reading about them online but wasn't sure on them yet. Long story short, I got one for 48 mos 0%. We both laughed when we saw they were offering 48 mo terms on a $1750 mower. I obviously won't be taking 48 to pay it off, but I COULD if I wanted.

I also refinanced my pickup to get a '12 Toro Grandstand 48". It raised my monthly payment a whole $1.15 & extended it 10 more months, from 26 to 36, and I got a much lower interest rate by switching banks. The increased productivity it gives me over my walk behind made it a no-brainer as far as I'm concerned.

Smart use of credit is a valuable tool IMHO
Posted via Mobile Device

ORLY?

Hmmmmm... maybe I will take a look.