Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 06-28-2013, 09:29 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by CurbAppealKS View Post
I was just looking at a 2012 66" super z and I had an idea. Puppy, do you have any clue if the 66" vx4 will bolt up to a 2010 frame? The mounting points look similar.
Posted via Mobile Device
Will not work, different deck with different mounting points according to my district rep.

I cut with a 66" XR-7 deck side by side with my 72" VX4 deck and would need to flip a coin to decide which cut may look better. The XR-7 in my cutting situation has done an exceptional job, the only change I would make in the deck would be to widen the discharge opening to the size of my VX4.

My 72" is larger than a 60 or 66 in more ways than just width according to my district rep.
Old 06-28-2013, 08:34 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

So I spoke with a hustler rep today and explained my problem. After running through all my measurements with him, he came up with one solution. All he told me to do was loosen the bolts on the spindle and slip washers under the spindle to level out the center blade compared to the others. I know one of you guys has already stated this solution, but I wanted to try all other things before I started tearing the deck apart.

I will try it and post up my results.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 06-28-2013, 11:23 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CurbAppealKS View Post
So I spoke with a hustler rep today and explained my problem. After running through all my measurements with him, he came up with one solution. All he told me to do was loosen the bolts on the spindle and slip washers under the spindle to level out the center blade compared to the others. I know one of you guys has already stated this solution, but I wanted to try all other things before I started tearing the deck apart.

I will try it and post up my results.
Posted via Mobile Device
Yea that's what I'd be doing, putting a couple shims under the spindle bolts isn't invasive towards the deck at all. Look forward to hearing how it goes
Posted via Mobile Device