Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 06-25-2013, 02:35 PM
LawnSite Member

I have a Wright 36 RH....that has the baffle kit on it. WHen I first started, it blew out really bad. I went back to the dealer with a WTF question anad was told to purchase the gator blades to reduce blowout. Not much improvement. However, I also have a Exmark 36 inch walk behind with mulching blades. The holes for my Exmark and Wright blades were identical so I installed the Exmark wavy mulch blades on my stander. My blowout since installing the blades have been minimal....unless I try to take too much off. Does an excellent job mulching and FAR better than the gators.
2011 Exmark Vantage 20/48
Exmark Metro 36 WB
Exmark Metro 21
Stihl BR 600 Blower
Stihl FS 250R Trimmer
Stihl FS 130R Trimmer
Stihl FS 110R Trimmer
Stihl FS 85 Trimmer
Stihl FC 85 Edger
Stihl HL 100K Telescopic Hedge Trimmer
Stihl BG 85 Blower
Echo PB 770T
Echo SRM 2400SB Trimmer/Edger
Echo BRD-280 Bed Redefiner
Maruyama Sprayer MS 0741
Maruyama HT 2321 DLR
Old 06-25-2013, 10:06 PM
LawnSite Member

Still dealing with a little blowout. I'm double cutting every single lawn though. It just doesn't leave a smooth clean cut after a single pass. Don't feel like spending any money for a baffle kit as I may sell during off season for something else.
Old 06-26-2013, 07:37 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

mines in the shop right now, the mechanic agreed that it isn't leaving a good cut so we'll see what becomes of it.
Old 06-28-2013, 03:28 PM
LawnSite Member

My deck cover was flapping around when I cut. Just discovered that 1 of the Tie Rods broke in half. Part Number 24410001. Anyone know the dimensions/measurements for this piece? So I can try and match it up at hardware store? Thanks
Old 06-29-2013, 03:06 PM
LawnSite Member

I broke down and ordered the baffle kit as well as the tie rod deck stand screw from Russo. We'll see.
Old 07-22-2013, 08:51 PM
LawnSite Member

Ok so I got the baffle installed and I love how the grass clippings shoot out really far. Seems to be good dispersal. The grasses I cut today were rain soaked so I got some clumping.

Question: How should the blade spacers be set? I kept the 2 spacers above blade. It goes bolt, washer, blade, 2 spacers.
Old 07-23-2013, 07:57 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

check on wright's website under support, illustrated parts and find your mower. that'll tell you how many spacers you need where. top doesn't matter really as it doesn't affect blade position in deck. i have the aerocore deck, and mine came with 3 spacers and a 1/2'' offset blade. running straight blades i have to use 5 spacers in between blade and spindle to match the factory
Old 07-24-2013, 12:14 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reliable 1 View Post
I have a Wright 36 RH....that has the baffle kit on it. WHen I first started, it blew out really bad. I went back to the dealer with a WTF question anad was told to purchase the gator blades to reduce blowout. Not much improvement. However, I also have a Exmark 36 inch walk behind with mulching blades. The holes for my Exmark and Wright blades were identical so I installed the Exmark wavy mulch blades on my stander. My blowout since installing the blades have been minimal....unless I try to take too much off. Does an excellent job mulching and FAR better than the gators.
I have found gators to be the worst unless you are side discharging. They lose their edge the quickest too. I run a plate at this point and the stock wright blades or wavy mulchers work best with practically no blowout. The gators imo just don't do that well with munching. They cam be used with a plate but not the full mulching kit.
Old 07-25-2013, 07:58 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kawakx125 View Post
check on wright's website under support, illustrated parts and find your mower. that'll tell you how many spacers you need where. top doesn't matter really as it doesn't affect blade position in deck. i have the aerocore deck, and mine came with 3 spacers and a 1/2'' offset blade. running straight blades i have to use 5 spacers in between blade and spindle to match the factory
I'm familiar with IPL pdf I look at it often. I was wondering if the blades have to sit a little higher up in the deck? I'm still getting minor blowout. Clumping is becoming an issue with wet overgrown crabgrass and nutsedge infested lawns.
Old 07-26-2013, 07:47 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

if i'm not mistaken, sitting them up higher could increase blowout due to less volume of air above blade. moving the same amount of air but now through a tighter space more chance for it to blow downward