Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 06-27-2013, 10:47 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by americanlawn View Post
I asked an "Exmark/Toro/Stihl dealer" today some questions re: Toro/Exmark stand-on aerators.

1) They are not quite exactly the same.
2) They are not made on the same assembly line. Actually, the Exmarks are manufactured in Nebraska. Toro's are manufactured in Minnesota.
3) Toro = distributor -- then dealer -- then buyer
Exmark = dealer -- then buyer (less hassle & overhead)
4) Exmark dealers tend to consider Toro products slightly inferior in quality compared to Exmark products
5) Most parts for Toro & Exmark stand-on aerators are interchangeable, but not all

Last year, Exmark stand-on aerators sold out last fall.
Exmark mowers are (and have been for years) the most widely used commercial mowers in my area. We seldom see Toro commercial mowers. This is another indication to me as to which brand to buy. (actually, I already committed to buy the Exmark)

If any of the above info is incorrect, please post. Thanks
#4 I'm guessing Toro dealers tend to consider Exmark products slightly inferior in quality compared to Toro products.

Price point is the same, so guessing the overhead you speak of is a mute point. Talked to several guys in our area who purchased Toro last fall they went to dealers and bought no hassle.

Well at least you finally committed to Toro/Exmark stand on aerator one in the same. Congrats
Old 06-28-2013, 06:43 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

He is incorrect as they they are made in the same factory as are the commercial Zero turns from both companies. These companies need to keep costs down so they need to utilize the production lines as much as possible. As far as being different, the differences are minor such as switch or lever locations if there are any differences at all.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 06-28-2013, 06:46 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

The differences on the mowers are the decks & seat. They also change the switch & throttle locations and type.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 06-28-2013, 11:14 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by FdLLawnMan View Post
The differences on the mowers are the decks & seat. They also change the switch & throttle locations and type.
Posted via Mobile Device
And paint.

I like my guns like Obama likes his voters: Undocumented

Criminals obey gun laws like politicians follow their oaths of office
Old 06-29-2013, 04:48 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
I asked an "Exmark/Toro/Stihl dealer" today some questions re: Toro/Exmark stand-on aerators.

2) They are not made on the same assembly line. Actually, the Exmarks are manufactured in Nebraska. Toro's are manufactured in Minnesota.
4) Exmark dealers tend to consider Toro products slightly inferior in quality compared to Exmark products
5) Most parts for Toro & Exmark stand-on aerators are interchangeable, but not all

Exmark mowers are (and have been for years) the most widely used commercial mowers in my area. We seldom see Toro commercial mowers. This is another indication to me as to which brand to buy. (actually, I already committed to buy the Exmark)

The above info came from adelpowerequipment@yahoo.com

I can save about $1400 per aerator if I buy two. Anybody want to go in with me so we can save money? lemme know. thanks
Old 06-29-2013, 11:09 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Service 1st Lawn Care View Post
#4 I'm guessing Toro dealers tend to consider Exmark products slightly inferior in quality compared to Toro products.
Hard to believe.

My understanding is that you would get 23% off of list price if you bought two units. That was through toro. What is the list price these days?

Last edited by pieperlc; 06-29-2013 at 11:14 PM.
Old 06-29-2013, 11:29 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:

Isnt Toro and Exmark the same company what I seen of the aerator its same just different stickers
Old 07-19-2013, 08:56 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

I checked out an Exmark 2012/2013 stand-on aerator today. Clive Power Equipment. It was identical to the TORO stand-on. That's my update. see ya
Old 09-04-2013, 07:57 PM
LawnSite Member

Don't buy this aerator! Bought a brand new one in 2012. Has 150 hours on it. The right shaft and tire fell right off in a clients backyard. how embarrassing it was trying to push this thing with one wheel to the front yard. Especially when the equipment is new. Took about 2-3 weeks to get it fixed. Then this year, second day of aerating, the other side falls right off. Called exmark directly and also called our sales rep and they said there is nothing they can do for us. How about that customer service? Looks like we will never buy another exmark product again, and we will keep telling this experience to everyone we know. We would of liked to hear that, here is another one until we fix yours" or something like that. But exmark just said oh well!!
Don't buy this product! When it works its fast, but remember, it takes about 2 hours every night to clean all the sprockets out because dirt and dead grass gets stuck in all the sprockets. Terrible design.