Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 07-01-2013, 10:39 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaperCutter View Post
It doesn't matter where the creator of this topic first posted the photo. If he took the photo, he owns all rights to the photo, unless he has given those rights to someone else. Period. You create content, you own the copyright. I'll give you that I wasn't 100% accurate when I said "publish" because you own that copyright the moment it's created.

Your example makes no sense. If you take my photo and scan it, it was still my intellectual property to begin with. Period. The internet isn't a parallel universe governed by different copyright laws. It's just easier to steal content (and conversely easier to get caught).

We're in a business of ideas. If someone has to steal ideas then their ideas suck.
My whole point is - if you post pictures ANYWHERE on the WWW and someone pirates your pictures - you're unreasonable for getting upset and or angry. Wasting time.

To say you automatically have exclusive full legal rights to pics you post on the internet is not 100% accurate. If that were the case - the copyright symbol would not be needed .
It's an "Assumed Risk".

This is an easy start up business. The people pirating pictures do not have knowledge and or understanding of creativity, great "ideas", etc. You and I know the importance of grand "ideas" and creativity, but for the ones pirating photos - that is furthest from their mind.

Slap a watermark on the pictures, place it at the main focus point, that way it can't be clipped out.

There is an organization called MXPTV. they shoot video and snap pictures. Every picture on their site has their watermark. Purchase the pic and they remove the watermark. If you watch any of their videos and you pause it and do a screen shot - their watermark will automatically appear on the screen shot, I think that's pretty darn slick! I learn from others....

"People Throw Rocks At Things That Shine"

My Equipment Brag List:

-1 CAT hat
-16 pairs of Hanes socks (the Heavy Duty model), many with holes.
-12 pairs of underwear, ranging from Joe Boxers to Jockey, many are in need of replacement. (no more photo requests please)
-hundreds of t-shirts. Some w/ grease stains, some torn & tattered.
-7 pairs of jeans, ranging from Levis to Polo to GAP. 1/2 of them have holes in 'em.
-1 belt
-1 pair of old worn out Nike shoes.

Last edited by DVS Hardscaper; 07-01-2013 at 10:48 PM.
Old 07-01-2013, 10:46 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

I will watermark my pics. I want to mess with this goon. Call me immature
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 07-02-2013, 07:29 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

DVS, have a conversation with an intellectual property attorney. While it's not always worth the money to go after someone for infringing your copyright, it exists - even without the little "c" in a circle.
Old 07-02-2013, 07:51 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alldayrj View Post
I will watermark my pics. I want to mess with this goon. Call me immature
Posted via Mobile Device
Please keep us posted lol.

Ive taken advantage of the world market and started a new business. We are building bombs in the shape of prayer blankets for our middle eastern customers. Business couldnt be better. The prophets are going through the roof!!
Old 07-02-2013, 09:39 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

I got his website too, its disjointed and awkward but at least my walkway isnt on it. they are a decent sized contractor in my area, not sure why they would do this. or the goon is claiming their website as his.

any suggestions schultz?