Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 07-02-2013, 10:01 PM
LawnSite Member

I must say that permanent curb edging sure does look nice installed.
Old 07-02-2013, 10:49 PM
LawnSite Member

Looks nice, but for the cost, aluminum edging gives a cleaner look. If you ever want to expand beds or eliminate them even, forget it with concrete. I agree that it is more of a gimmick than anything. In my 25 plus years of being in this business, I have seen 1 house with this product. They stick out like a sore thumb in the neighborhood. Just my 2 cents, ExmarkBoy. Not trying to discourage you from expanding your services. Good luck.
Old 07-03-2013, 12:59 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3rdDayBrad View Post
Looks nice, but for the cost, aluminum edging gives a cleaner look. If you ever want to expand beds or eliminate them even, forget it with concrete. I agree that it is more of a gimmick than anything. In my 25 plus years of being in this business, I have seen 1 house with this product. They stick out like a sore thumb in the neighborhood. Just my 2 cents, ExmarkBoy. Not trying to discourage you from expanding your services. Good luck.
I will admit that 1) they aren't flexible, so unless the customer is willing to spend alot of money, they're stuck with what they choose, and 2) some houses really do look crappy with it, but I also have to say that if it is done right, it can look pretty good. I'll post a picture of a house in my neighborhood that has it and (I at least think) it looks really good.