Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 07-03-2013, 11:42 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wet_Boots View Post
How do you even know the zones can run concurrently, on the water supply they have?
............. ditto
Old 07-03-2013, 11:55 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

I might add, program D is primarily intended for drip irrigation on the ICC.
Old 07-03-2013, 02:08 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

this is exactly what i thought the OP was asking when i read this last night...the short answer is no, you can't run two zones at the same time...now, if you are hypothetically asking what would happen IF two zones were set at the same time then you got your answers...i learned something tho, didn't know you could run D concurrently with other zones...

Last edited by jbell36; 07-03-2013 at 02:18 PM.
Old 07-03-2013, 02:25 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

i actually have the same situation to put it into perspective...16 zones on a commercial property, 12 hour run time...would be nice to have a 6 hour run time, which is where you are coming from, but it's just not doable, this system already has terrible pressure

you can't run two zones at the same time because you would be splitting the water pressure that the system was originally designed for, therefore you would have two zones not hitting accurately since they are running at the same time
Old 07-03-2013, 02:46 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy1592 View Post
Sorry, now that I look back, made no sense.

I want them to run at the same time.... for example, zones 1 and 8 to run at the same time. 2 and 9 and so on so forth. I need multiple zones to fire so as to be able to water in the time frame the customer has set...
Why not just wire 1 & 8 to the one tap 2& 9 to 2 ect?
Old 07-03-2013, 06:01 PM
LawnSite Member

My system has plenty of pressure to do this. It has had some zones wired together by the previous "irrigation guy."

If I did anything I would unwire some of those and get them running separately, just trying to work with what I've been given at this point.

This ICC controller has been nothing but headaches... first and last one I hope I ever have to work with. Just trying to get some advice from others who have used it.

Another question, though... why would D be primarily for drip and how is it different than A, B and C?
Old 07-03-2013, 06:41 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Another question, though... why would D be primarily for drip and how is it different than A, B and C?
Because you can run low-flow zones concurrently through ABC, where ABC will not give you the option.
Old 07-03-2013, 07:28 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

however to clarify, you CAN treat D as a separate module just like the A, B, and C modules, running 8 more zones if need be...it just has the OPTION to run drip, concurrently/simultaneously, with the other programs (A/B/C)
Old 07-03-2013, 07:28 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AI Inc View Post
Why not just wire 1 & 8 to the one tap 2& 9 to 2 ect?
this is exactly what i was going to say, but i figured pressure would be an issue so this wasn't an option...
Old 07-03-2013, 07:35 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
My system has plenty of pressure to do this. It has had some zones wired together by the previous "irrigation guy."

If I did anything I would unwire some of those and get them running separately, just trying to work with what I've been given at this point.

This ICC controller has been nothing but headaches... first and last one I hope I ever have to work with. Just trying to get some advice from others who have used it.

man, i love hunter controllers, especially the ICC...

let me ask this, what exactly is your reasoning for running two zones at the same time? to cut down on run time? you never know, you might start liking the ICC once you figure out it's capabilities...

is there anything else you don't like about the ICC, as in is it doing anything weird where it should be replaced? i've had issues with boxes before that haven't worked like they were supposed to, like shutting itself off, saying theres an error when there isn't, telling you the date is N19 (whatever the hell that means), etc...

Tags
controller , hunter , icc , irrigation , programming