Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-04-2013, 03:37 PM
LawnSite Member

Started a good size job yesterday...

So they kept asking when we were going to start and kept getting pushed back because of the rain. I finally told him a day we were starting and then he said he could take some vacation day to be there while we work. I didn't think much of it since I actually like when the customer is around so I can ask questions when we need to. They are close to sixty or in there sixties.

So yesterday we started shoveling out the rock around the house, jack hammering out all the concrete patio and walls, and plantings. In the all day he was standing and watching us working. Pretty much over my shoulder the whole morning and afternoon. He only went inside when we went to lunch. Then his wife gets home at 3 or 4:00 and they both get out lawn chairs to sit and watch us with a drink in there hand.

He isn't telling us how to do the job but is just so crazy they have to watch every second of us working. I know I like to watch the construction process but we have only be taking things out so far.

Also the neighbors across the street had their lawn chairs out in the driveway watching too.

Have any of you dealt with this before? I have had older people watch for short amounts of time but not the entire day. This is going to be a long 2 weeks if he keeps this up.