Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 07-04-2013, 01:37 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colaguy View Post
True but enforcement is next to none in NW Florida. We do have a big loop hole here, If owner provides chemicals like the Roundup & says go spray this/that, Then no lic is needed.
Umm, you also can't receive any compensation for doing this either.

Two ways to get your CPO. Drag hose for 3 years for someone else and take classes or get a hort degree. FL and HI are the strictest state for getting your license. The Ag dept does track down anybody that advertises publicly. Not worth the steep fines.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 07-04-2013, 02:29 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colaguy
True but enforcement is next to none in NW Florida. We do have a big loop hole here, If owner provides chemicals like the Roundup & says go spray this/that, Then no lic is needed.
Umm, you also can't receive any compensation for doing this either

Maybe in South Florida. Different rules down south.In my early yrs here, I sprayed chemicals w/out lic. Absolutely no spraying cops to worry about. Still no cops that I know of. They're more concerned about checking on farmers spraying than LCO's. My personal property is the only thing I apply chems to now.
Ariens Rear Tine Tiller
(6) Trailers:
5x12, 6x12, 6x14, 8x16, 7x18, 6x22
Asus Transformer Infinity TY700 Tablet
Galaxy S3
Bananalogist

If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur.

Red Adair
Old 07-04-2013, 07:03 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Now these fines are how the state pays its bills. They publicly publish the companies and the fines. To say they are not enforcing is incorrect and unethical. Given his idea of professional pest control consists of epsom salts, miracle gro and round up he is doing the industry and his customers a disservice. The fact he is doing it all llegally is more proof he should not be doing it. Post up in the pest section and see what the other pros think.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 07-04-2013, 07:44 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriot Services View Post
Now these fines are how the state pays its bills. They publicly publish the companies and the fines. To say they are not enforcing is incorrect and unethical. Given his idea of professional pest control consists of epsom salts, miracle gro and round up he is doing the industry and his customers a disservice. The fact he is doing it all llegally is more proof he should not be doing it. Post up in the pest section and see what the other pros think.
Posted via Mobile Device

If his clients arent complaining, then why should you? We live in Escambia County. Go look up and see who here is being fined and report back to us. Just because you say what he is doing is illegal, dont mean it is illegal.
Ariens Rear Tine Tiller
(6) Trailers:
5x12, 6x12, 6x14, 8x16, 7x18, 6x22
Asus Transformer Infinity TY700 Tablet
Galaxy S3
Bananalogist

If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur.

Red Adair
Old 07-04-2013, 07:57 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colaguy View Post
If his clients arent complaining, then why should you? We live in Escambia County. Go look up and see who here is being fined and report back to us. Just because you say what he is doing is illegal, dont mean it is illegal.
I don't say. The state of Florida says. If you think what he is doing is legal, ethical or even close to correct you need more education than he does. If you have even an LLMC you would know that.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 07-04-2013, 10:14 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Hi, my name is Kiril .... I used to live in Pensacola .... I don't cut grass.
Old 07-04-2013, 10:16 PM
LawnSite Member

I do not avertise publicly. I just do a few yards on the side. I like it alot and would like to learn as much as i can. Not trying to be a Pro lawn guy. lol .yet. Gotta get my game plan of what i want to do, if i even want to do it. Small nice yards, commercail jobs, or everything. I am picky. And i can be right now. No kids and Not getting married. I pulled old an broken telephone poles out and set new ones for a few years. Gotta be kinda like doing palm trees. I have also pulled a palm before with a small truck. Good god all the roots! I can drive and operate bucket trucks with pole trailers in and out of small back yards. Not legaly. Emergency hurricane work. But i could proly pick one up for cheap to do tree work if i want. Just testing different waters now. I do not like standing in one place for a while. For the most part i am on the move edging weeding and mowing so the little bit of breese keeps me from going blind from sweat getting in my eyes. I sweat ALOT!! Been cuttin for a firefighter about 2years now. and i know i at least want to have a little lco with a few good jobs to do on weekends.