Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 07-04-2013, 10:03 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

It needs to be said...

Sir, you are a danger to yourself and others. Think about taking two weeks off and then quit. This thread should have been moved to the homeowner forum after your first post. Homeowners - everyone, in fact - are certainly welcome here. It confuses people who are trying to help you when you contradict yourself. I can not tell if you are unwilling or incapable of following some of the advice that has been offered...or if your posts are a ruse. You deserve an "A+" for industriousness but that's about it.

You lost me at the beginning where you said "...east of Philadelphia where cool grasses seem to do well despite the luxury of a sprinkler system for the scorching months of July and August."

If you do go with the Roundup you will be able to turn the water off altogether and won't need to do anything else until Labor Day, but I am not recommending that. Consider hiring someone. A small owner-operated lawncare company offering individualized care is probably your best bet - organic or synthetic is your choice. If you make the call Monday I dare say you will be a happy man by mid-September with a lawn in good enough shape that you can take care of yourself next year if you do a lot of reading here between now and then.
Old 07-04-2013, 11:19 AM
LawnSite Member

First off, thank you for the advise but Id like to draw your attention to something most realistic, despite your power to write. You, are nobody in any such position to explain, define, announce, who or what I am to myself or society. I call this ignorance, uneducated and lacking knowledge. I am a Federal Swat Agent for the US Government. I have far surpassed every psychological test, MMPI ( I am sure you know me and everything about me so, you know what an MMPI is), and training beyond your comprehension. Again, you know me and my position with my community and society and lastly, you have no issue announcing this. Moving forward, I have made it known that I have no clue what I am doing with my lawn and to ask questions is what this site is for. Nothing wrong with seeking multiple suggestions, or in your case, personalities of which are disturbing and angry.

As for your confusion regarding my location, EAST of PHILADELPHIA, try a MAP ! I didnt say EAST of the U.S., I said EAST of PHILADELPHIA.

As for the cool weather grass, Im shocked, you being all knowing and having so much to say about others, Tall Fescue, is a cool weather grass, is it not? So what part of this has you most confused, Sir..

Previous replies and posts from other members have been greatly appreciated, you Sir, seem to be bothered and have quite the condescending attitude. For you, of whom I do not know or understand, suggest you take up drinking, or perhaps something allowing you to escape yourself, because you seem to be very annoyed, bothered, and angry.

Please redirect your intentions.. I do not wish to receive further replies from you.

Wishing you a better day Sir.
Old 07-04-2013, 01:56 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

East of Philadelphia is New Jersey.

The nation that destroys its soil destroys itself.
Franklin D. Roosevelt
Old 07-04-2013, 02:51 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I understood where you are. Specifically, what I did not understand is: it appeared that you meant even though (despite) you have the luxury of a sprinkler system, cool season grasses do well.

We will probably never see eye to eye on the rest of it. I am sorry you took it so personally. Best wishes for success with your lawn - really
Old 07-04-2013, 06:56 PM
LawnSite Member

What I took was a bothered attitude from a less than prudent attempt to communicate. Thanks for the entertainment. Happy 4th
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 07-04-2013, 11:32 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan82775 View Post
What I took was a bothered attitude from a less than prudent attempt to communicate. Thanks for the entertainment. Happy 4th
Posted via Mobile Device
You need to relax.

Franklin D. Roosevelt
Old 07-05-2013, 04:59 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan82775 View Post
Posted via Mobile Device
That is a fairly accurate assessment and it is also fairly common for others to blame you for supposedly being uptight and needing to relax... it is as if they can make you angry with condescending insulting language but then they say you have a problem for actually getting angry... it's the mentality of the 'judge not' crowd, who are judging every little thing you say,,, unfortunately they bring it to corrupt discussions about lawns, when they might want to mind their own business...

I have no problem figuring out where you're coming from and confusing statements get worked out eventually,,, but it the meantime I enjoy talking about my favorite earthly topic,,, horticulture...
Old 07-11-2013, 10:08 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NattyLawn View Post
How big is your lawn (square footage)?

I would go on 4 app schedule, early spring, late spring, early fall, late fall app of organic fertilizer. What fertilizer depends on lawn size and budget.

Weeds can be tricky. I know phasthound sells ADIOS, which is a sodium based product, but does have some restrictions. If you're not comfortable, find a local LCO to do weed control only apps, if you don't want to stay organic.
Agree with you on this.
Old 07-11-2013, 11:08 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Early Spring apps of fert on cool season grasses is NOT something to agree with...
Old 07-11-2013, 01:28 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

That depends upon what fertilizer is being applied. If it contains a lot of organic matter with low N it can be very beneficial.

Franklin D. Roosevelt