Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 07-05-2013, 11:24 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Google Earth the school, see for yourself what the maintenance and grounds people know about irrigation.

They want the job done ASAP?, of course they do. Football practice should begin in 2-4 weeks, they can practice anywhere but the season should begin by mid Sept.

I have worked for enough school districts to be wary of anything that is said, who claims to be in charge and all promises that are made by the district reps.

Odds are you will be strung out on your final payment, so make that payment profit only.

I have found that the quality of your work will be the same, regardless of your lack of experience with larger pipe and flows, you'll figure it out while maintaining your standards.

I wish you luck with the project.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 07-05-2013, 05:08 PM
LawnSite Member

Use the higher pressure to your advantage. Personally, I'd probably do valve in heads and use gasket pipe. I'd probably put a master valve on it as well just in case. Gasketed pipe is no big deal. Thrust blocks are easy peasy as well.
Old 07-05-2013, 09:50 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wet_Boots View Post
google "football field sprinkler layout" and you'll get the mfr pages - and for some flukey reason, you also get the following as one of the image results - I won't name the source, and I hope no one else posts it, since I don't want them getting publicity, even from being justifiably slammed
Let me guess. the Lowe's house brand?
People pay you to hold their hand. If you don't like doing it, then you are in the wrong business.
Old 07-06-2013, 12:07 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Welp, looks like I won't be bidding this job after all. Woke up this morning getting ready for work today and I received not a call, but a text!?..!? From the director saying "his" boss accepted a bid yesterday already " yesterday was the 4th" and they didn't need me.bidding it after all but thank u. Ha! I know it shouldn't piss me off but I didn't.even have 24hrs of business days from the call to bid the job to the text of.not bidding it. Oh well, maybe next time... hope whoever they got will do a good job.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 07-06-2013, 12:16 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodlawnservice View Post
Welp, looks like I won't be bidding this job after all. Woke up this morning getting ready for work today and I received not a call, but a text!?..!? From the director saying "his" boss accepted a bid yesterday already " yesterday was the 4th" and they didn't need me.bidding it after all but thank u. Ha! I know it shouldn't piss me off but I didn't.even have 24hrs of business days from the call to bid the job to the text of.not bidding it. Oh well, maybe next time... hope whoever they got will do a good job.
Posted via Mobile Device
Probably from one of his bosses "buddies" Keep the site in mind and figure out how you'd do it (during your free time) so that when they call you to fix the mess, you already have a plan in mind...
Old 07-06-2013, 12:23 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Yep exactly.. I shouldn't let these kind of jobs get to me but when I didnr even get the chance to bid it (not because I dragged my feet) and he sends a text... so unprofessional and just irks me.. but oh well, when I receive a repair call... I'll give them a good repair plan! Lol
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 07-06-2013, 04:59 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1idejim View Post

I have worked for enough school districts to be wary of anything that is said, who claims to be in charge and all promises that are made by the district reps.

Posted via Mobile Device
You don't know how lucky you really are.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 07-06-2013, 07:29 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Bullet = Dodged
Old 07-06-2013, 07:50 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Glad I've herd this from both of you. Ill keep this is my head for yeas to come..
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 07-06-2013, 07:55 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Probably for the best, I have been brought in half way through a few high pressure jobs because the first company didn't know how to do it. Not that they were a bad company, it just takes learning from someone who has been there.

The job you didn't get will never put you out of business.
Posted via Mobile Device