Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 07-03-2013, 01:54 PM
Sponsor

Thank you all for your input. Ethanol seems to a big problem but ethanol free gasoline isn't easy to get a hold of. Rather than going through the hassle, most would prefer to purchase regular or premium gas (hopefully). Also, some carburetors have kits and some don't. It is definitely much easier to buy a new carb than rebuild, but the latter is cheaper and more efficient.
Old 07-03-2013, 04:35 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

If you can't find ethanol free fuel you can always find avgas. It's around $5.50 per gallon but way cheaper than carburetors and fuel lines.

Oldtimer
Old 07-06-2013, 10:54 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Depending on what equipment you purchase.....in my case, Stihl products, the carbs run me around 30-40 dollars and my time to replace them. I will spend more time running around and hopefully catching my dealer with extra kits,etc. and not always fixing the problem. Just take those carbs off and throw them away......or keep the aluminum for recycling.
More time than none...........it is the screen below the spark arrestor. Take that darn screen off and blow out the exhaust port, muffler and check the exhaust port for buildup. Replace fuel filters and air filters.

It is hard to consider taking care of lawn equipment like your automobile. Often we get real busy and the weeks fly by without maintenance. Take care of the equipment and it will take care of you.

Tags
carburetor , echo , issues , stihl , tips