Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 11-05-2012, 01:44 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Sun Warm White LED C7 & C9's

Has anyone used the sun warm white C7 & C9 bulbs. The color looks nice but the lumen output is so much less that I'm afraid they won't give me the desired effect.

Services-AutoCAD Landscape Design & Install, Maintenance, Landscape Lighting, HD Holiday Lighting, Masonry (Stone, Block, Brick, and Stucco), & Arborist Work

Accreditations & Memberships- BBB, TNLA, TPCL 611373, & Class 1 Nurserymen.

Market Niche- High end residential.

-http://plantscapesolutions.net/
Old 11-05-2012, 08:24 PM
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlantscapeSolutions View Post
Has anyone used the sun warm white C7 & C9 bulbs. The color looks nice but the lumen output is so much less that I'm afraid they won't give me the desired effect.
The color is pretty darn close. But LED's throw all the light forward, where incandescent are 360 lighting. So you don't get as much back glow.

I would buy a few and test them out. That will tell you if it will give you the desired effect.
Old 11-05-2012, 09:53 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

I ordered 1000 of the Christmas USA Energy Right Super Bright warm white C9's thru Christmas Designers. The Sun Warm White bulbs that were so dim they worried me were samples from Sival. I have used Sivals C7 pure whites before.

Services-AutoCAD Landscape Design & Install, Maintenance, Landscape Lighting, HD Holiday Lighting, Masonry (Stone, Block, Brick, and Stucco), & Arborist Work

Old 11-06-2012, 04:59 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I spent several months trying to get samples - apparently vary few of then understand what a sample is. I also go some from Sival - at 97.00 for the "samples" and in my opinion, they suck.

It is my understanding that the "Sun Warm White" is being referred to as warm white by some of the distributors now.

In regard to the Ultra's, Jason told me about them last year, that they were in their 2nd year testing them. Cost wide, I don;t think you can go wrong. I am quite interested to see what the illumination is, they are supposedly better than the Minleon 5 diode.

Now speaking of which, have you seen teh quick change retro's they have available?
2000 Cat 312B
2000 Cat 304 CCR
2000 Hyundai H70
2012 Scag V Ride
2009 Ferris IS3100 z
Brown Bed Edger
Multiple trailers, hand tools and smaller stuff
A son to teach the value of life, business and honor
Old 11-11-2012, 09:52 PM
Sponsor

Yes, sun warm white is often what is now the warm white standard. Even Minleon seems to now be making that their standard warm white and phasing out the older warm white. Our customer base is pretty much split regarding what they prefer; Minleon Sun Warm White or Christmas USA Warm White. We've been using both for installations and have no complaints with either. The Christmas USA is only a 3 LED C9, which we have been very leery of for a number of years, however, we are changing our views and next year plan on carrying a full line of 3 as well as the 5 LED C9 bulbs. I believe LiteSource is also doing the same and several other large sellers appear to be doing likewise.

ChristmasDesigners.com

#1 Choice for Pros and Christmas Enthusiasts Alike
Old 11-11-2012, 10:03 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristmasDesigners View Post
Yes, sun warm white is often what is now the warm white standard. Even Minleon seems to now be making that their standard warm white and phasing out the older warm white. Our customer base is pretty much split regarding what they prefer; Minleon Sun Warm White or Christmas USA Warm White. We've been using both for installations and have no complaints with either. The Christmas USA is only a 3 LED C9, which we have been very leery of for a number of years, however, we are changing our views and next year plan on carrying a full line of 3 as well as the 5 LED C9 bulbs. I believe LiteSource is also doing the same and several other large sellers appear to be doing likewise.
I have some of the Christmas USA lights coming from you this week.

Old 11-12-2012, 03:44 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

My order from Christmas Designers is scheduled to arrive today. The Christmas USA 3 Diode as well as the color changing are on that order. I will comment after I get home tonight as I plan to immediately open them and check them out.
2000 Cat 312B
2000 Cat 304 CCR
2000 Hyundai H70
2012 Scag V Ride
2009 Ferris IS3100 z
Brown Bed Edger
Multiple trailers, hand tools and smaller stuff
A son to teach the value of life, business and honor
Old 07-08-2013, 09:59 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Hey Plantscape & Addicted, I'd love to hear your final words on the Christmas USA bulbs.
Old 07-08-2013, 05:50 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeachysLawn View Post
Hey Plantscape & Addicted, I'd love to hear your final words on the Christmas USA bulbs.
I has to send my bulbs back. They were supposed to be warm white but they were closer to pure white. I'm going to stick with only Minleon from now on since I can get them from multiple sources if one runs out. I'll be using Christmas Designers as my primary source since they are only 240 miles away from me.

Old 07-26-2013, 10:22 AM
Sponsor

Hi Everyone, for the rest of July and throughout the month of August, we'll be offering free LED retrofit bulb samples. The sample will include the Christmas USA Warm White and Minleon Sun Warm White. The only catch is that we are completely sold out of the Sun Warm Whites, but should have our bulb container in within the next two weeks. LED retrofit bulbs are a big investment, so we want to make sure you have a clear understanding of what you're getting before investing a lot of money into new bulbs.

ChristmasDesigners.com

#1 Choice for Pros and Christmas Enthusiasts Alike