Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 06-01-2013, 10:50 AM
LawnSite Member

So who did you talk to about demoing it?
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 06-01-2013, 01:03 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

My dealer and I have a deal. I take my mowers in for repair and I get a mower on loan til mine are fixed. Plus he's always trying to sell me one
Old 07-09-2013, 03:17 PM
LawnSite Member

Demoed Cheetah Today

Ok, I am a TT guy so, take this for what it is, I have a TT 61" with 35hp BB Briggs and demoed a Cheetah 61" 31 HP Kaw. First inclinations are that the Suspension is comfortable, but not as overly more comfortable as I was expecting over my suspension seat, the cut was good, the Hydros were a little smoother than the TT, the speed was nice although not that useable where I am located.

**** THE BAD, seems grossly underpowered in high or low, runs, but seems as though the engine is binding the entire time. I do not like having to look over the tanks.

ALL IN ALL.......great mower, will not replace my TT but make be an added compliment in some locations and could speed things up, but I will be looking for one of the larger engines, time will tell.
Echo 266T trimmer
Echo 770T backpack blower
Echo 225 PAS with edger and tiller
Old 07-09-2013, 07:22 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

if i were to get one i'd get the kohler 34hp engine. it has a good power to fuel consumption ratio.

people mention the tanks. what exactly are you looking over the tanks for? i never understood this when people say it. all i need to be able to see is the edge of the deck so i can trim around trees and obstacles. there is nothing in the way of seeing the edges of the deck. i do keep the seat all the way forward though since i'm 5'9" tall. maybe someone with the seat all the way back might have some sight issues i dunno.
Old 07-10-2013, 05:11 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by weeze View Post
if i were to get one i'd get the kohler 34hp engine. it has a good power to fuel consumption ratio.

people mention the tanks. what exactly are you looking over the tanks for? i never understood this when people say it. all i need to be able to see is the edge of the deck so i can trim around trees and obstacles. there is nothing in the way of seeing the edges of the deck. i do keep the seat all the way forward though since i'm 5'9" tall. maybe someone with the seat all the way back might have some sight issues i dunno.
The widest part of the deck I could not see without leaning forward to look around the tanks on the TT I just glance down, I am a little shorter.......
Echo 266T trimmer
Old 07-10-2013, 05:23 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I have a 34 HP Kohler on my Toro and love it.

I went out of my way to try and buy a Scag but the lack of engine options ( EFI air cooled with decent power) and the extreme price. They want over 14k out the door for a TT with the 791 DFI when you can get a much more powerful, comfortable mower for way less.

How is a briggs TT 4 grand less? A radiator is 3 grand? Online my Kohler is more expensive than the liquid Kawi.
Old 07-10-2013, 06:04 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshmallow View Post
I have a 34 HP Kohler on my Toro and love it.

I went out of my way to try and buy a Scag but the lack of engine options ( EFI air cooled with decent power) and the extreme price. They want over 14k out the door for a TT with the 791 DFI when you can get a much more powerful, comfortable mower for way less.

How is a briggs TT 4 grand less? A radiator is 3 grand? Online my Kohler is more expensive than the liquid Kawi.
I love it, Kinda pricey on fuel, plenty of power for Bahia even in dry conditions or wet, but yes about 4K less and runs strong, I love it, tough mower had liquid cooled kawi before and this is much better suited for my application. I burn about 1.8 GPH in tough stuff though
Echo 266T trimmer
Old 07-10-2013, 06:12 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millerslc View Post
The widest part of the deck I could not see without leaning forward to look around the tanks on the TT I just glance down, I am a little shorter.......
Thats why the seat adjusts. The seat on my cheetah adjusts more than the seat in my truck
Old 07-10-2013, 06:50 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millerslc View Post
I love it, Kinda pricey on fuel, plenty of power for Bahia even in dry conditions or wet, but yes about 4K less and runs strong, I love it, tough mower had liquid cooled kawi before and this is much better suited for my application. I burn about 1.8 GPH in tough stuff though
My Kohler uses much less. I agree the briggs is a good engine but I wanted more fuel economy plus the Kohler does not need valve adjustments.
Old 07-16-2013, 06:21 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowleak1 View Post
Thats why the seat adjusts. The seat on my cheetah adjusts more than the seat in my truck
Move Forward and feel cramped and uncomfortable to ride or back and uncomfortable to see........... I only adjust in the truck to get comfortable to reach pedals, not to see..... Not trying to be wise, just saying, I didn't hate it, just don't love it like my TT, my opinion only.
Echo 266T trimmer