Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 07-09-2013, 06:37 PM
LawnSite Member

exmark viking

i have a exmark viking walk behind mower that i bought a stand on wheel for .. but for some reason the bagger does not pick up the grass .. it picks it up until its about half full .. i have a gray plastic bagger ... my blades are alittle dull but i dont think that would be why? do i need new blades or something?
Old 07-09-2013, 08:04 PM
LawnSite Member

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Old 07-09-2013, 09:49 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Perhaps too much information about the "stand on wheel," and too little information about the bagger, and blades mounted on the mower.

Is the wheel relevant? I don't think so, but am not sure why the comment was included. "Gray plastic bagger" is way too vague. Pics would be helpful, many pics. Maybe you are using blades with insufficient lift, not creating enough discharge force to push the clippings into the bagger.

We need lots more information to understand your problem. I have an Exmark Viking, and use two different baggers. I know the mower will bag grass with the right setup.
Old 07-09-2013, 09:53 PM
LawnSite Member

i honestly just thought maybe the wheel had something to do with it so i was trying to give as much details as possible .. it might be that the blades are not sharp at all. their is also a little hole in the plastic where the grass enters from the mower.. maybe air exiting that could be the problem .. i will try to get some details and pictures later on.. anyone have any sites to get high lift blades? i want to give them a try also
Old 07-10-2013, 02:30 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

My guess is you are using low lift blades and/or the catcher is not mounted properly. I have a Exmark Metro that I believe has the same deck. I use a Pack'em grass catch (a cheaper brand than others such Accelerator ect.) and mine packs full every time wet or dry grass. I use stock high lift notch blades. I'm unaware of any plastic baggers, is it the OEM bag/cloth type?

Jackssmallengines.com