Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 07-11-2013, 10:49 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

300 foot push is a bit on the long end of things but not completely out of the realm of production for a D6. I don't know why a hoe would be needed, why handle material twice, or even 3 or 4 times for that matter? Everything can be done with a dozer short of a vertical cut somewhere. Small elevating scraper would be the best option if the soil is right, 1,500 yards could be done in a couple days.

Go hard, go fast, or go home
Old 07-14-2013, 10:32 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

get a track loader, a 953 could get this done faster than a dozer or excavator. it is an east 2 day job or a long one day job. 2500 at the high end.
agri metal strawblower
more power and hand tools than i haul
Old 07-15-2013, 12:21 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gammon landscaping View Post
get a track loader, a 953 could get this done faster than a dozer or excavator. it is an east 2 day job or a long one day job. 2500 at the high end.
To each his own, but this is a job for a dozer. An equal size dozer would run circles around a 953 with an experienced operator. If the property owner wants a nice, leveled grade, a loader would be fine for the grunt work, but slow compared to a dozer with PAT.

To the original question, if you have to rent all this equipment and pay for the transport, you won't make much profit for the time you will have in it...unless you just want the experience. It sounds like it should be about a 3 day job, but again that depends on how well of a finished grade the property owner wants...as well as your skill set. D5 size dozer is what I would use in your situation.
Old 07-16-2013, 07:49 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Thanks for all the replies. I have fiddle-dicked around too long on this and somebody else had a 953 loader parked over there yesterday morning.

Good news is that I have formed a relationship with an existing company that has better financials behind it, so in the future I won't have trouble renting bigger equipment when I need it.