Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 07-13-2013, 11:44 PM
LawnSite Member

terex pt50 valuation

renting a pt50 terex skid steer

550 hours. unknown year. tracks have some "holes" where the rib part is ripped off. runs well very very fast. no cab no ac no heat. 2speed travel.

whats a fair value on buying this? around 30? under 30? the lower the better im cheap!

i saw one on machinery trader with 45 hours for 34,900 so im thinking sub 30...

Thanks
Old 07-14-2013, 12:35 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I've owned a RC50 for quite some time now and I've been very happy with its performance although I wish it had more operating capacity like the newer PT50 you're renting.

I think that Machinery Trader should be a good barometer for determining a good price to offer. Factor in some additional value if you get some warranty.
Old 07-17-2013, 06:44 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I'd respectfully disagree about Machinery Trader. Asking price is so different than selling price. Look at Iron Planet and Ritchie Bros. for numbers on what stuff is actually selling for.

I recently saw a Terex PT60, maybe 2011 or 12 from a rental dealer in NC asking $25k with air/heat/400 hrs. or so. Didn't look beat up either.
Old 07-17-2013, 06:56 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by swanny View Post
I'd respectfully disagree about Machinery Trader. Asking price is so different than selling price. Look at Iron Planet and Ritchie Bros. for numbers on what stuff is actually selling for.

I recently saw a Terex PT60, maybe 2011 or 12 from a rental dealer in NC asking $25k with air/heat/400 hrs. or so. Didn't look beat up either.
Good point. But it is also important to remember that both Ritchie and Iron Planet are unreserved auctions and their prices will be different than those from a private seller just like autos in the paper vs. those sold at auctions. Many sellers on Machinery Trader are equipment dealers and the machines may come with some sort of warranty. Most auctions are "as is".
Old 07-17-2013, 07:20 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Yeah, but what about Iron Planet's Iron Clad Guarantee?

It's hard to keep track of what private parties actually sell for, not what they list it for.

Shopping and buying from Machinery Trader is mostly a forum for people who haven't done their homework, imo. I admit I've seen a few pieces priced in-line with what I've seen sold, but there are a lot of factors, as you mention, that will affect final sale price.
Old 07-20-2013, 10:40 PM
LawnSite Member

ill look on IP pricing, the dealer is giving me a price on the pt50 with a rockhound attachment monday. has some 6 month lease to own program that sounds cash friendly.

pt80 is a little too huge! was fun to play with for 5 mins before my operator got there. weird gas pedal and no pull down safety bar!

Terex on hills, no problem!

Old 07-20-2013, 11:20 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Interestingly, IP is now selling on Ebay.
Old 07-24-2013, 11:27 PM
LawnSite Member

i bought the pt50 with the 67 inch rockaway rockhound thing for a price i could live with