Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 07-14-2013, 04:47 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Afternarket spindles for wright sentar RH 36"

Wright P/N = 7146057 cost prohibitive.
http://www.russopower.com/products/w...-kit-71460115/

I know scag spindle will fit and I can get aftermarket. I researched once and found one scag spindle that would fit w/o modification, lot info

I think it was the tiger cat p/n 461663

http://www.russopower.com/products/s...FRRk7Aod6D4AFg

or zcat spindles p/n=461776

Hung up in my short..........trying to go cheap
Old 07-15-2013, 03:46 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ed2hess View Post
I know scag spindle will fit and I can get aftermarket. I researched once and found one scag spindle that would fit w/o modification, lot info
I have been looking into replacing the spindles on the Lesco WB because I can no longer get the parts to rebuild them and the Scag spindles seem to fit the bill. They are different from the ones you need, they only have a 1 inch shaft and take the same bolt. Here is a link to what Stens sells in your size, a little more info.....

http://www.stens.com/Portal.aspx?CN=89739E31F846

As long as the height and shaft size are correct I'd go for it. Only Stens is out there on their price as well......

The primary function of an Engineer is to make it difficult for the Fabricator and impossible for the Mechanic

RTFM What a concept

Old 07-15-2013, 09:03 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

the issue with the 36'' RH spindles is that they are not a through bolt design, nor can you use a through-bolt spindle due to the deck cover. if you find an aftermarket spindle that isn't of the through-bolt design you'd be good. I tried to find one but didn't have much luck
Old 07-15-2013, 01:18 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breezmister View Post
I have been looking into replacing the spindles on the Lesco WB because I can no longer get the parts to rebuild them and the Scag spindles seem to fit the bill. They are different from the ones you need, they only have a 1 inch shaft and take the same bolt. Here is a link to what Stens sells in your size, a little more info.....

http://www.stens.com/Portal.aspx?CN=89739E31F846

As long as the height and shaft size are correct I'd go for it. Only Stens is out there on their price as well......
Yes that one can be modified to work and I can get it all day at around $50. The exact fit one is scag p/n= 461776 but I can't find aftermarket for it. It is the zcat spindles

Quote:
Originally Posted by kawakx125 View Post
the issue with the 36'' RH spindles is that they are not a through bolt design, nor can you use a through-bolt spindle due to the deck cover. if you find an aftermarket spindle that isn't of the through-bolt design you'd be good. I tried to find one but didn't have much luck
I am running a scag spindle and bolt goes thru and it works....well it is worn out. I just thought I could find an exact aftermarket part....no luck $195 for the wright ones is out of the question since you can't grease them.
Old 07-15-2013, 01:36 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

hmmm what part # scag spindle?
Old 07-15-2013, 03:52 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

They may be expensive but the new style Wright spindles have been holding up really well. I just recently replaced the first one I have had go bad on a new machine under warranty. Not a RH one but they are basically all the same spindle now just different shafts.

Sold a fair number of the RH conversion kits(the 71460115) and cant seem to remember selling more to anyone...other than replacing all 2 or 3 spindles on their machine over time.
Old 07-15-2013, 08:11 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by kawakx125 View Post
hmmm what part # scag spindle?
P/n= 461663 is scag number and you goggle it and find many aftermarket
for around $50. You have to cut the shank on top side but it is something that can be done with angle grinder. I will put up pictures when I get the spindle.
Old 07-21-2013, 02:12 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

A little followup on getting a scag spindle into a sentar. Remember the reason is you can get aftermarket scag spindles that cost less than $60 and the sentar ones are about $200.

And in my case I just happened to get 2 used scag spindles out of
the shop scrap pile so.....all I need in this case is a 1 1/8 taper adapter
since that is the size of the spindle shaft

Name:  112.jpg
Views: 250
Size:  54.9 KB
This is what I call the taper adapter. If I had got a 1" shaft spindle that is used on most scag WB I wouldn't have needed anything.

Name:  113.jpg
Size:  41.0 KB

The bolt holes are exactly the same and it comes in from the bottom

Name:  114.jpg
Size:  46.0 KB
This what it looks like in place. I did have to wack about an inch off
the top of the spindle and that is why you see so many threads. I could have cut off the bolt also.
Name:  115.jpg
Views: 248
Size:  39.9 KB

You can see it is tight when the deck is all the way up. That nut is about
.005" away from the arm. You put bolt in and nut on with deck in a lower position.

Name:  116.jpg
Views: 249
Size:  48.1 KB

Name:  117.jpg
Views: 248
Size:  39.4 KB

So for this deal I will be buying one bolt and shim. I will show you the shim that goes underneath to move the blade into place even with the side that has the sentar spindle.
Old 07-28-2013, 09:07 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Another chapter on using scag spindles on sentar. The reason is you can get aftermarket spindles for around $75. I recommend you get one with 1" diameter shaft then the sentar pulley and adapter can be used. One thing you have to do is cut 1" off the spindle shaft. One other little thing you have to do is put a 1/4" shim under each of he four mounting bolts to lower the spindle in the housing. This is necessary so when you put the pulley on it lines up with the idler..

Name:  143.jpg
Views: 227
Size:  53.3 KB

The main reason I went this route is I had several used scag spindles that didn't cost me anything. You can get em from dealer often times.
Old 07-28-2013, 10:53 PM
LawnSite Member

Why buy the spindle when you can just buy the bearing for it is cheaper