Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 07-14-2013, 03:12 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by locallawncare.ca View Post
Yeah 32 ferris is your best bet, it isn't a floating deck, but is easily adjusted, I think you need a 36" exmark for floating deck, but it would be belt drive, or a 36 TT which is pricey. Best bang for the buck is ferris 32" I think new they are 3500, there is lots of used ones on Kijiji for like 2500ish. I wouldn't use a sulky with it though, because you still have to steer it manually because its only a single hydro, but steering is almost effortless as the front end is very light and the hydro makes it easy to forward and reverse. If you want a bigger WB I have a 48" Turf Tracer, with 17hp Kaw, electric start and power OCDC for sale for $2500.
I need to do my research first before deciding.
Thanks for your offer but no because I have a 52'' Wright Sentar already and I need a "backyard mower''

Old 07-14-2013, 03:14 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Thats cool, just throwing it out there, here is a link to a couple dealers.

http://alpinelawn.com/mowers/commerc...-behind-mowers

http://kooybros.com/products/15%20HP...3%20HC32KAV15E
Old 07-14-2013, 03:17 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

the mower im working on right now is a gravely 34" ZTR. Its a homeowner unit though...and I don't know if it will fit through a 36 inch gate. I know it will not with the bagger on it, but Id have to do some measuring if you were using one as a mulcher only.

Aries and gravely both made them. Mine is a Gravely ZT-1534. I think they also make a commercial 34 inch, but not sure. You would have to do some checking to see if the would fit through a 36 inch gate.

Here is a link to the Aries:
http://www.ariens.com/products/ridin...s/default.aspx
I didn't see a spec for overall width though.
2012 21" Honda HRC-216 mower
2013 Exmark Commercial 30
20?? Gravely ZT1534 34" ZTR
Mclane 25" Reel Mower
2010 Husqvarna 21" mower with Honda engine
2008 Stihl FS250R Trimmer
2010 Stihl FS90R Trimmer
200? Stihl FC75 Edger
2013 Stihl BR 600 Blower
2013 Stihl SG20 Back Pack Sprayer
2013 Stihl HS81 t Hedge Trimmer
2014 Stihl SH 86 C E Blower Vac
200? Billy Goat AE550 Core Aerator
Old 07-14-2013, 03:27 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by locallawncare.ca View Post
Thats cool, just throwing it out there, here is a link to a couple dealers.

http://alpinelawn.com/mowers/commerc...-behind-mowers

http://kooybros.com/products/15%20HP...3%20HC32KAV15E
This is who I shop at: www.thornhilllawn.com

Do you know them?

Old 07-14-2013, 04:33 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

No I haven't been there before, I live in whitby, just east of the City, the farthest I've gone for stuff is Alpine, they are good to deal with, you can likely get a new one for 3200.
Old 07-14-2013, 05:35 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

The WBs weigh something similar to those small Zs, plus if you use a sulky, then rutting is not something youll avoid with e WB!

Im currently researching the same thing, Im quite sure now I've narrowed it down to the husky 30", its the only one I can leave the catcher on the back but just removed the chute to get through gates. Its also 100 lbs lighter than the timecutter, lighter is important for me with residential lawns to avoid rutting. My motive for a new purchase is to make work easier in the heat of summer as well as get through it quicker, so man handling a WB isn't going to be a great deal different, actually more work than a 21" SP.

A stand behind would be good, however they are too expensive as you say! I know this is just as expensive but have you looked at the Ferris Evolution, it prob doesn't suit though I think its 36" & you need to get through 36" gates.
Old 07-14-2013, 06:01 PM
LawnSite Member

If you are really dead set on an ~32'' cut ZTR, there is the Dixon SpeedZTR 30'' or the Snapper 150Z with the 33'' deck, as well as the choices you mentioned above.

Our Snapper rider with the 33'' deck lasted 17 years of a lot of use before it cracked around the spindle...but we're getting a new deck put on and a major tuneup so it'll probably go for another 15 years depending on how the engine holds up.
Old 07-14-2013, 06:31 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillsLandscape View Post
If you are really dead set on an ~32'' cut ZTR, there is the Dixon SpeedZTR 30'' or the Snapper 150Z with the 33'' deck, as well as the choices you mentioned above.

Our Snapper rider with the 33'' deck lasted 17 years of a lot of use before it cracked around the spindle...but we're getting a new deck put on and a major tuneup so it'll probably go for another 15 years depending on how the engine holds up.
The Dixon is the same as the Husky just badged diff & diff engine option.

Do you mind if I ask what the width at widest point of your 33" Snapper is? Also if you have had a bagger on it & how easy/difficult it would be to remove the chute for bagger.
Old 07-14-2013, 06:50 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Gravely compact pro. Nicest 34" Z you'll find and it's commercial duty.

http://www.gravely.com/en-us/zero-tu...s/default.aspx
Old 07-14-2013, 07:00 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenology View Post
The Dixon is the same as the Husky just badged diff & diff engine option.

Do you mind if I ask what the width at widest point of your 33" Snapper is? Also if you have had a bagger on it & how easy/difficult it would be to remove the chute for bagger.
Some Dixons and Huskys did look similar, as did their website....I'm not surprised.

Our Snapper rider is actually on of their rear engine riding mowers, steering wheel and gear shift. I don't have the model number with me so I can't give you the dimensions of that particular model, but the new 33'' version of the rider is 37'' wide. This probably includes the chute in the 'down' position.

The 150Z is 38'' wide, again, probably with the chute down. I didn't read back in the thread so I don't know if you have 36'' gates, but it would be a REALLY tight squeeze.

I assume you mean for the bagger chute, the plastic tube that directs the clippings up into the bags. I assume what you intend to do is leave the bagger assembly minus the chute on the mower to quickly change between bagging and discharging? Well, it is simply the mounting bracket that goes on the deck (attaches with 1 wing nut and slides under a part on the discharge chute) and the tube. Probably takes 1 minute to remove if you get good at it.

Hope this helps, and feel free to ask any other questions!