Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 07-15-2013, 01:46 PM
LawnSite Member

Celsius or Revolver works. Depends on how much you want to spend or other purposes for the product depending on which product line you purchase. Either way they both work in one application combined with Certainty.

"Fusilade II Turf and Ornamental Herbicide may also be used to suppress and eventually control some undesirable grasses in turf areas of golf courses and residential, commercial, public and industrial buildings."

Yes i do use Fusilade in all my commercial properties with zoysia and fescue. I also am pretty sure that Fusilade II has a residential label, unless i'm reading the above statment incorrect.
Old 07-15-2013, 02:33 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

unfortunately we have the same problem with dallisgrass and paspalums here in our tall fescue lawns.....and there is no product that will selectively treat it so we tell our customers that we have to do 2 apps of glyphosate then reseed or sod the spot....big pain in the ass here as well as johnsongrass.
Old 07-15-2013, 07:58 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Wouldn't it be just as easy to dig it out and resod the spot on the same day--20 minutes and done?
I am not in your climate zone so I am guessing.
Old 07-15-2013, 09:16 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by B & B Lawn Services View Post
Yes i do use Fusilade in all my commercial properties with zoysia and fescue. I also am pretty sure that Fusilade II has a residential label, unless i'm reading the above statment incorrect.
We've been over this before on other threads. Look at the Weed Control in Desirable Turfgrass section (page 30) on the label. It specifically says "Not for use on home lawns."

You may use it on other areas listed as acceptable on the label, but applications of Fusilade II to home lawns is illegal.
Old 07-15-2013, 09:32 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Problem with digging out is that it's impossible to get all the roots and rhizomes which it will quickly reproduce from
Old 07-15-2013, 09:54 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by RigglePLC View Post
Wouldn't it be just as easy to dig it out and resod the spot on the same day--20 minutes and done?
I am not in your climate zone so I am guessing.
It leaves an ugly spot can't resod in the summer unless you carry water to the spot twice a day for 2 weeks. Irrigation only allowed to run once a week.
Old 07-16-2013, 01:17 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenskeeper44 View Post
Problem with digging out is that it's impossible to get all the roots and rhizomes which it will quickly reproduce from
I've never had a problem getting it all dug out other than the fact that the medium to large clumps are usually firmly entrenched so it takes some work. A 3 pronged cast iron claw with a 16-18" handle makes it easiest. We also have an A.M.Leonard soil knife on each ride on.

My biggest problem is that many lawns just have too many clumps to make digging practical.

The advantage we do have with warm season turf is that once the clump is removed, the turf fills in fairly quickly if mowed and fertilized regularly. No seeding or sodding necessary.

I will experiment with the Celsius/Revolver/ Certainty Mix in my pasture but I really don't have much faith in it to be honest.

I used Celsius/Revolver on some last year with only stunting of growth as a result. However, we did have the worst drought in 30 yrs last year so I am willing to try it again plus the Certainty.
Old 07-16-2013, 05:25 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skipster View Post
We've been over this before on other threads. Look at the Weed Control in Desirable Turfgrass section (page 30) on the label. It specifically says "Not for use on home lawns."

You may use it on other areas listed as acceptable on the label, but applications of Fusilade II to home lawns is illegal.
Skip, you are both reading the label right except you are misinterpreting the lingo. Let me give you the proper reason why page (29) says use on residential and why page (30) says not for use on home lawns. I fully understand the confusion. Commercial residential = Condos, Townhouses, Duplexes and Apartment complexes. These ARE residences. Home lawns = A house on a single piece of property in which someone lives. It's the difference between a commercial residence and a non commercial residence. Hope this helps.

Last edited by turfmd101; 07-16-2013 at 05:35 AM.
Old 11-18-2013, 05:22 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ted putnam View Post
I've never had a problem getting it all dug out other than the fact that the medium to large clumps are usually firmly entrenched so it takes some work. A 3 pronged cast iron claw with a 16-18" handle makes it easiest. We also have an A.M.Leonard soil knife on each ride on.
You can't beat an A. M. Leonard soil knife for about anything!
http://www.amleo.com/product.aspx?p=4752
Old 11-19-2013, 05:36 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ron mexico75 View Post
ok, thanks for everyones help. So I will take the answer that it is NOT Dallisgrass and that it is Paspalum and is in the same family as Dallisgrass. I guess gly is the only solution.
It may be Paspalum, however it is still what I term Dallisgrass. You may have mentioned your turf, but can't remember. Sethoxydim works well with two application + MSO in centipede. Give the first one enough time for grass to begin to turn purple and follow up generally about 10-14 days. Dallis will begin to slowly rot away. Remember this is for centipede. Never on St. Augustine.
Celsius + Revolver also works well in centipede.