Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 07-13-2013, 01:10 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I bought the FS90r and it has the Autocut 25-2. Fairly easy to load and works decent. I then tried the Auto Feed Head that stihl makes. It works great as long as you are ONLY working with nice grass. If you have any tall weeds at all or lots of trimming to do along curbs, or roads..I don't recommend this head. It doesn't hold as much line as the autocut 25-2, and it will feed to often. For those who edge with a trimmer, it doesn't work well either, because it will feed line when you are not expecting it, and mess up the edging. In tall growth, it will dispense way too much line and end up getting tangled.

I just purchased the Oregon 450 speed feed head, and will be trying that next...we shall see.
2013 Exmark Commercial 30
2014 Exmark Lazer Z S Series EFI 52
2008 Stihl FS250R Trimmer
2010 Stihl FS90R Trimmer
200? Stihl FC75 Edger
2014 Stihl KM130R edger and trimmer shafts

2013 Stihl BR600 Backpack blower
Old 07-13-2013, 02:33 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russo Power Equipment View Post
The U-Turd ahhhh that's a good one. Haven't heard any complaints on Veri's universal heads. The Veri Cool is in our stores and soon to be on the internet. I'll get you that price tomorrow if you'd like.
Few questions about that Veri head...
Would you send one of those to Australia? Would it fit a Kawasaki trimmer? Whats the max line size it will take?
Old 07-13-2013, 06:18 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I use the speed feed 450, can re spool in seconds and bumps out perfectly, hasn't let me down ever. Not sure on that husky u gus are saying is good ill have to check it out. I find 2.7mm smooth line suits me. Stuffed if I know wat that is in inches
Old 07-13-2013, 08:10 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridin' Green View Post
I can't really help you there bro. I buy from local dealers since I am solo and don't go through it like you guys with crews do. Plus, I like to support them so that I have somewhere to take my stuff if it craps out on me.

This is the stuff though. Click on detail view for a better view of it-

http://www.oregonproducts.com/pro/pr..._gatorline.htm
Interesting little bit of information I'd never heard of at that link:

"Important TrImmer Line InformatIon:
Any monofilament trimmer line can lose moisture over time or become brittle, especially if subjected to heat and sunlight. To reduce brittleness, Oregon® strongly recommends that line be submerged in water for 24 hours."

How many folks soak their trimmer line in water?
Old 07-13-2013, 08:58 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoneseller View Post
Interesting little bit of information I'd never heard of at that link:

"Important TrImmer Line InformatIon:
Any monofilament trimmer line can lose moisture over time or become brittle, especially if subjected to heat and sunlight. To reduce brittleness, Oregon® strongly recommends that line be submerged in water for 24 hours."

How many folks soak their trimmer line in water?
Been soaking it for years. Line works better in every aspect. Ever notice how fishing line doesn't cast right until its wet? Same thing. I keep it in a 2.5gal bucket on the trailer.
Old 07-13-2013, 11:04 AM
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickhippy View Post
Few questions about that Veri head...
Would you send one of those to Australia? Would it fit a Kawasaki trimmer? Whats the max line size it will take?
Unfortunately we cannot ship outside of the U.S. For those who were wondering, the Veri cool universal head is still not online, but we do have another universal on our site for 19.99. Fits a lot of different trimmers.
Old 07-13-2013, 11:19 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrassGuerilla View Post
Been soaking it for years. Line works better in every aspect. Ever notice how fishing line doesn't cast right until its wet? Same thing. I keep it in a 2.5gal bucket on the trailer.
Same here. It works every time(even though there are nay sayers on this site.)
Old 07-15-2013, 03:56 PM
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbljack View Post
I bought the FS90r and it has the Autocut 25-2. Fairly easy to load and works decent. I then tried the Auto Feed Head that stihl makes. It works great as long as you are ONLY working with nice grass. If you have any tall weeds at all or lots of trimming to do along curbs, or roads..I don't recommend this head. It doesn't hold as much line as the autocut 25-2, and it will feed to often. For those who edge with a trimmer, it doesn't work well either, because it will feed line when you are not expecting it, and mess up the edging. In tall growth, it will dispense way too much line and end up getting tangled.

I just purchased the Oregon 450 speed feed head, and will be trying that next...we shall see.
I was just reading your list of equipment and couldn't help but laugh at the way you spelled Husqvarna. I hope it's a joke lol
Old 07-15-2013, 05:32 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbljack View Post
I then tried the Auto Feed Head that stihl makes. It works great as long as you are ONLY working with nice grass.
+1 on the Stihl SupeCut automatic head. It's a real treat, but tends to over-feed in heavy stuff sometimes.

I'm surprised so few have mentioned the Shindaiwa SpeedFeed, IMHO the best head of the bunch.

As for the Husqvarna T35 I'm one of the few who doesn't like it. Great otherwise, but the eyelets are positioned too high, meaning when you trim low grasses like bermuda the knob is right on the ground, what a drag.

Trimmer line I like anything round or twisted 0.08": Shindy twisted, Stihl round, Gatorline, they all work well.
Stihl FC85, MS192T, 041AV, MS200
Redmax HBZ2601

Old 07-15-2013, 06:08 PM
LawnSite Member

I have two Husqvarna 223L trimmers with the T35 head. I have no complaints about it at all. I'm on vacation right now, but I can't wait to try soaking my trimmer line in water.

Liberty Lawnworks, LLC

"Don't be so busy making a living that you don't have time to make a life."

Tags
echo , head , line , stihl , trimmer