Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 07-15-2013, 02:43 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExmarkBoy View Post
I have no idea what it will cost to manufacture the tether (I will be finding out soon), but I'm hoping the dealers will be able to sell a set of them for $15 - $20. I figure that preventing the hassle of having to go buy one in the future is definitely worth something. Plus, as I sell more, the manufacturing costs will go down, and then I can lower pricing. Who else would be interested in this product?
I would buy something like that...

Old 07-15-2013, 05:22 PM
LawnSite Member

I was just reading the post the other day, I thought to myself, "I have been doing this stuff for years and leaving the a gas cap off is something I have never done." Well, sure enough, it happened yesterday. Lucky for me the string on the cap works and I didn't lose any gas.
Old 07-15-2013, 07:15 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
I have no idea what it will cost to manufacture the tether (I will be finding out soon), but I'm hoping the dealers will be able to sell a set of them for $15 - $20. I figure that preventing the hassle of having to go buy one in the future is definitely worth something. Plus, as I sell more, the manufacturing costs will go down, and then I can lower pricing. Who else would be interested in this product?
About $3 IMO. No offense dude, the cap cost me $13. I can keep an extra and be careful so I don't have this happen again. I would buy something like ur product if I see it available. Feel free to revive this thread if you come up with something. Lucky for me the UPS truck was early and the dealer called me at 9:30 this morning with the replacement.
Old 07-15-2013, 09:38 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Sounds like an interesting idea
Old 07-15-2013, 09:48 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by twomancrew View Post
About $3 IMO. No offense dude, the cap cost me $13. I can keep an extra and be careful so I don't have this happen again. I would buy something like ur product if I see it available. Feel free to revive this thread if you come up with something. Lucky for me the UPS truck was early and the dealer called me at 9:30 this morning with the replacement.
None taken. I get that. I probably wouldn't pay much more than that either. But not having to get another gas cap saves you $13, plus the gas to get to your dealer and back, plus the time and hassle. You save money at $10 a tether if you would otherwise have only lost just one gas cap in future. I dunno. Maybe i'm over-thinking this...
Old 07-16-2013, 10:59 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Cut a water bottle in half, jam the cut in into the tank, and when you need to fill up just unscrew the top.

Ive taken advantage of the world market and started a new business. We are building bombs in the shape of prayer blankets for our middle eastern customers. Business couldnt be better. The prophets are going through the roof!!
Old 07-16-2013, 11:26 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

never lost a gas cap or forgot to put one on, that's first thing i do after i'm done filling up. my walk behind didn't have a tether and it never was lost, my scag tiger cub had dual tanks and i never lost a cap or any gas from forgetting to put them on, and my cheetah has tethers on both gas caps so i doubt i'll ever lose a gas cap on that or forget to put the cap on...
Old 07-16-2013, 11:30 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexschultz1 View Post
Cut a water bottle in half, jam the cut in into the tank, and when you need to fill up just unscrew the top.
mandatory message