Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-16-2013, 10:10 AM
LawnSite Member

Well I did it. I bought the TT. The Cheetah was nice and at the dealership I adjusted the seat forwards and you can see the deck much better like that. However, after all the reviews/personal preference/etc. I went with the TT. They delivered it yesterday at 4pm and let me just say, WOW. That thing is amazing! My lawn has been growing for 2 weeks with tons of rain almost every day. I cut super thick stuff wide open at 12mph and did not have to double cut. That was also at 2" deck height. It did everything so perfectly and I was depressed when I ran out of grass to cut. My dad has a 1995 front deck grasshopper that he let me use a few times but it kept breaking. He came over last night and said he had cut earlier with the Grasshopper and it is the baddest machine he has ever been on. I then let him try out the TT and his eyes got big. He was very impressed and you could tell he was envious. In his defense though, he paid much, much less for the Grasshopper!

I am seriously going to look into starting a small lawn maintenance business now just so I can use the TT more. Once a week for an hour or two just isn't enough!

Oh - I got the suspension seat, Kawi liquid cooled, fuel injection, etc, with 61" Velocity deck. That deck is amazing.

Thanks everyone for your help and advice. I'm sure I would have loved the Cheetah too. However, as petty as it is, I wanted those tiger stripes on the fenders! (I'm a Clemson man).

Tags
cheetah , scag , turf tiger