Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 07-15-2013, 10:04 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russo Power Equipment View Post
I was just reading your list of equipment and couldn't help but laugh at the way you spelled Husqvarna. I hope it's a joke lol
LOL..never really noticed the typo. I must have been tired when I did that. Its been there a while, and your the first to comment on it. Thanks.
2013 Exmark Commercial 30
2014 Exmark Lazer Z S Series EFI 52
2008 Stihl FS250R Trimmer
2010 Stihl FS90R Trimmer
200? Stihl FC75 Edger
2014 Stihl KM130R edger and trimmer shafts

2013 Stihl BR600 Backpack blower
Old 07-16-2013, 11:06 AM
LawnSite Member

I found the T-35 head on Amazon for $22.49 and the Gator platinum super twist line for $74.32 for a 5 lb spool. Are these good prices?
Old 07-16-2013, 11:26 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Gator Platinum Supertwist (in .105) is THE MOST DURABLE TRIMMER LINE I've tried. Seems extra sharp as well making detailed work a breeze.
I'll honestly say a spool lasts at least 2x longer than anything else, if not longer.
Have come across a few posts saying this line will tear up a trimmer guard due to its toughness. The day I first spooled some Supertwist onto my new Honda is also the day I removed the guard...so I can't comment re: tearing up a guard. I trim & edge with my trimmer, fwiw.
Some folks are so contrary that if they fell into a river,
they'd insist on floating upstream.
~ Josh Billings
Old 07-16-2013, 11:43 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valk View Post
Gator Platinum Supertwist (in .105) is THE MOST DURABLE TRIMMER LINE I've tried. Seems extra sharp as well making detailed work a breeze.
I'll honestly say a spool lasts at least 2x longer than anything else, if not longer.
Have come across a few posts saying this line will tear up a trimmer guard due to its toughness. The day I first spooled some Supertwist onto my new Honda is also the day I removed the guard...so I can't comment re: tearing up a guard. I trim & edge with my trimmer, fwiw.
Out of all the trimmer lines that Amazon sells, this looks like the best. I have a couple of Husqvarna 223L trimmers, but I plan on keeping the guards on them. I would love to hear whether anybody who uses this Gator Platinum Supertwist (.095) line with the guards is experiencing considerable guard wear.

Liberty Lawnworks, LLC

"Don't be so busy making a living that you don't have time to make a life."
Old 07-16-2013, 12:53 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty Lawnworks View Post
Out of all the trimmer lines that Amazon sells, this looks like the best. I have a couple of Husqvarna 223L trimmers, but I plan on keeping the guards on them. I would love to hear whether anybody who uses this Gator Platinum Supertwist (.095) line with the guards is experiencing considerable guard wear.
I have a 223L and have run the Super Twist line on it. While the cut is impressive, the line will slightly bog down the 223L, so I went back to Echo Crossfire on it. It didn't damage my guard at all, but I didn't use it for more than a spool or two before realizing it was a bit too much line for the 223. I have the .105" as well. It is impressive line for sure, but you need enough HP to run it. My FS90 and FS250 will pull it fine.

BTW- the .105" line is the exact same diameter as all my .095" lines for some reason, so that was partly why I picked it up, the other reason being they didn't have any other sizes when I fianlly found some at a dealer. The .095" should be slightly thinner and the 223 might pull it ok.
Old 07-16-2013, 01:45 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridin' Green View Post
I have a 223L and have run the Super Twist line on it. While the cut is impressive, the line will slightly bog down the 223L, so I went back to Echo Crossfire on it. It didn't damage my guard at all, but I didn't use it for more than a spool or two before realizing it was a bit too much line for the 223. I have the .105" as well. It is impressive line for sure, but you need enough HP to run it. My FS90 and FS250 will pull it fine.

BTW- the .105" line is the exact same diameter as all my .095" lines for some reason, so that was partly why I picked it up, the other reason being they didn't have any other sizes when I fianlly found some at a dealer. The .095" should be slightly thinner and the 223 might pull it ok.
I'm going to try the .095" line in my 223L and I'll give you a full report on how it does when I'm done. That's odd that the .105" line you had was the same diameter...

Liberty Lawnworks, LLC

Old 07-16-2013, 01:53 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty Lawnworks View Post
I'm going to try the .095" line in my 223L and I'll give you a full report on how it does when I'm done. That's odd that the .105" line you had was the same diameter...
When I told Valk about it, he bought some and I believe he said his is the same way in comparison to .095".
Old 07-16-2013, 04:15 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridin' Green View Post
When I told Valk about it, he bought some and I believe he said his is the same way in comparison to .095".
Yep, this Supertwist .105 definitely seems smaller than my old fave .105 line. I'll know for certain when I spool up my Stihl FS-80 with it...as it didn't accept anything larger than .095. Will let ya know.

My 35cc Honda is even more of a Beast with Supertwist!
Some folks are so contrary that if they fell into a river,
they'd insist on floating upstream.
~ Josh Billings
Old 07-16-2013, 04:31 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

T35 and gatorline. I used to soak my line until my lid popped off one day and filled the toolbox.

PlowSite-SnowFakers
Old 07-16-2013, 04:44 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LandFakers View Post
T35 and gatorline. I used to soak my line until my lid popped off one day and filled the toolbox.
Do you soak your line up until the time you use it, or just for a set period of time?

Liberty Lawnworks, LLC

Tags
echo , head , line , stihl , trimmer