The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 07-28-2010, 03:42 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Congrats dunk i hope u enjoy ur new mower
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 07-28-2010, 03:43 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

[QUOTE=dunk50;3659044]OK here is where I stand! Dealer took care of surging. It has none, zip, nada. Picked it up on time, the 45" wide tractor fit on my trailer just fine, got it home, mowed. First i am not stupid. I mowed it as high as it would go. I know my wife is going to tell me it should be shorter soeee I am going to have to mow it again, DAMN. Honda is quiet compared to my WH 16HP Onan. I have only used it for about a 1/2 hour and I am already in love! Thanks to ALL you guys / gals that provide us rookies with input. I do think Hustler should change their add specifications. They list the sport as 49" but as I was told after some research that this measurement is at the widest part of the handles when they are open in brake mode. I almost did not buy because of a couple 48" gates and a 48" trailer I use. Mower is actually 45" chute up with plenty of room. Thanks for clarifying that Pj. Now to mow my sons yard and I do have some neighbors that are on vacation that I can
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 08-26-2010, 10:45 PM
LawnSite Member

Where to start. I may have made a mistake. We will see. As my posts and photos show I WAS a really happy camper. NOT today. A few days ago the surging came back with a vengence. In addition the front left of the mower deck started pealing paint. Not a little paint but about 2" by 10". Big air bubble. Called dealer and took it back Monday for repair. Got a call that the carb is bad and they would have to order one. They do not know what to do about peeling paint / rust on deck. I haven't heard if they are going to try and
fix it or replace the deck. I am not a real stickler but am concerned about a brand new (expensive to me) machine that has to have the carb replaced after two weeks and the deck repainted / repaired. What is your opinion? I did send Pj in the Hustler forum a measage a couple days ago but have not heard back from him yet.
Old 08-27-2010, 11:45 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I feel like u Dunk why does a brand new carb need replaced The paint is just poor quality control imo Good luck
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 08-27-2010, 11:55 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtharris View Post
I feel like u Dunk why does a brand new carb need replaced The paint is just poor quality control imo Good luck
Posted via Mobile Device
Dunk Since its been only a few weeks since u purchased it I would make them replace it or return ur money
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 08-27-2010, 09:18 PM
LawnSite Member

Run

I have had an experience like that with a car I bought new from a local dealer. Promises were made that they would get it right, but never ever did. This was before lemon laws so I was stuck with the thing. If you can get your $ back, by all means let them have the thing back.You paid a lot of $ for a new mower and dont need the hassle. IMHO, get a Bad Boy or SCAG Freedom.
I really think everone is overly wary of the Briggs ELS. The new air filter fixes the problem and the motor is very smooth and powerful. Having come off of a less than satisfactory experience with a Kohler Command, I am very happy with the Briggs and feel that it will probably last as long as I care to keep the mower.

Scag FreedomZ 48
Stihl small equipment
2003 Ford F 250 Diesel
2004 Honda Rubicon 500 4x4
1980 Murray 21" push w/original Tecumseh
much other assorted junk
GO HEELS!!!
Old 08-27-2010, 10:56 PM
LawnSite Member

Well a few hours after I posted that I got a call that it was all done. Do not know what happened but took the deaker at his word. Picked it up and was very happy with the paint repair as well as carb. Runs much better than it did, kinda kike a Swiss watch. Now I will see howmit holds up. Pj did get back with me and he and the regional manager may have been some help. At any ratenI do like the mower a lot and will give it anothe go! Thanks to all of you that responded. Hope I don't have to make anothernpost like this one.
Old 08-28-2010, 09:46 AM
LawnSite Member

Hopefully all is done and behind you now! It sucks to have problems with something brand new no matter what it is. I tend to have luck like that.
Even though I have only got to use my Sport/Honda 3 times, its perfect so far and I am loving this thing! Praying for some rain now! Good luck man!
2003 F150 s-cab 4.6 V8 tuned and modded
Old 08-28-2010, 10:23 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk50 View Post
Well a few hours after I posted that I got a call that it was all done. Do not know what happened but took the deaker at his word. Picked it up and was very happy with the paint repair as well as carb. Runs much better than it did, kinda kike a Swiss watch. Now I will see howmit holds up. Pj did get back with me and he and the regional manager may have been some help. At any ratenI do like the mower a lot and will give it anothe go! Thanks to all of you that responded. Hope I don't have to make anothernpost like this one.
Good to hear it's fixed. Kind of odd about the paint, they all seem to be powder coated, not usually to many problems with paint stripping. But you should be all set now.
Echo SRM-210
Stihl BR-600 Magnum
Stihl FS90
AMSOIL In Everything I own
Old 07-17-2013, 10:32 PM
LawnSite Member

Thought I would update an old post. Have had the Sport for 3 years. NOT one problem, minor or serious. I had bought a bagger but am now thinking of mulching. I am hoping I can get the right kit the first time. I am only at 100+ hours but none the less it runs perfect. Enjoy it so much, my son just bought one with the Kawasaki. Still no regrets!!!