Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 07-18-2013, 09:54 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWI View Post
I have a little different mindset. I don't do commercial. My goal is to only work for high end residential. And reaching these type people is an art form. One of my passions is garden design, and I want to design, manage installation, and maintain.

I have different mind set here too, those "High Enders can be good I have and have had a more than a few over the years, but their some of the cheapest, sneakiest, needy bastards on my customer list, Joe Regular has a solid position on my customer list , I like those that create the income with out the extra bs.
Old 07-18-2013, 11:02 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tower Rat 95B View Post
I have different mind set here too, those "High Enders can be good I have and have had a more than a few over the years, but their some of the cheapest, sneakiest, needy bastards on my customer list, Joe Regular has a solid position on my customer list , I like those that create the income with out the extra bs.
I think there are two types of high end customers - one has had money for ever or they earned it, the others have either come into money or it comes to them easy the latter is the cheap skate and the most demanding. All customers need to be built on real relationships.
36" Ferris
21" Ferris
22" Toro
Redmax 8050
Echo ES 230
Remax 2301 Trimmer
Remax Hedger
Shindaiwa 25 trimmer
Echo 16/18 Chainsaw
Echo 24" Hedge Trimmer
Husaqvana 70 lp spreader
Troy Bush Whacker
Excel 2600 Power Washer
Mighty Mac Shredder
Powermate tillers
Felco hand tools
Old 07-18-2013, 08:33 PM
Banned

Quote:
I don't know. I am tired of Joe Regular. Joe Regular cannot afford to do the type of landscaping I want to do. I get really bored doing average work for average people. Plus a lot of these clients of mine that are multi-millionaires have become really good friends... and it is great to have mentors like that. Here is one project we just finished. Not for Joe Regular.
Attached Images

Old 07-19-2013, 10:13 AM
LawnSite Member

What ever works is best , my high enders mostly they really like me and some just call me the help I actually did make the invite list at a couple socials which I declined , their crowd would not understand me and like wise here , would rather do a pig roast with some Red necks
Old 07-20-2013, 12:43 PM
Banned

Quote:
What ever works is best , my high enders mostly they really like me and some just call me the help I actually did make the invite list at a couple socials which I declined , their crowd would not understand me and like wise here , would rather do a pig roast with some Red necks
That was a mistake! Some successful people love to be around other types of people. I have a 30 mil client that i talk to a couple times a week, he just likes me as a person.
Old 07-20-2013, 01:26 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWI View Post
I don't know. I am tired of Joe Regular. Joe Regular cannot afford to do the type of landscaping I want to do. I get really bored doing average work for average people. Plus a lot of these clients of mine that are multi-millionaires have become really good friends... and it is great to have mentors like that. Here is one project we just finished. Not for Joe Regular.

Those boxwood hedges along the outsides grew together exceedingly quickly for a project you just funished. Care to share any progress pics?
Old 07-20-2013, 05:06 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Efficiency View Post
Those boxwood hedges along the outsides grew together exceedingly quickly for a project you just funished. Care to share any progress pics?
They were actually planted on the property, and I transplanted them, then sheared them. The pergola and patio was done a few years ago, it just needed some help. We did the acid stain on the concrete and the walk as well.
Attached Images

Old 07-20-2013, 05:15 PM
Banned

I did this at my office.
Attached Images

Old 07-20-2013, 11:02 PM
Banned

Funny thing is I went to a locally owned Italian restaurant with my wife to celebrate her birthday. I see somebody I have bid on their lawn maintenance sitting right beside us. I told my wife "watch this" and naturally she is worried to death... she thinks I am going to confront somebody about an unpaid bill... but I think I actually sold a $300 per month maintenance job at dinner tonight. I shared our duck appetizer with them(literally)... and actually I hate duck... but I thought I would try it tonight bc I sure as hell love shooting those bastards in my waders.... It was incredible... I set an appointment at the restaurant to look at their property again. Can you say..... SOLD!
Old 07-22-2013, 01:00 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

3,000-
=67,000

Okay. I am assuming after all is said and done after all expenses and all your taxes, you still end up somewhere in between 52,000 to 56,000. If that is somewhere near correct, you apparently pay somewhere between 3% of personal tax and less than 10% for your business tax(these are all still rough numbers).......sounds good to me. What more do you want? Only way you're going to make more is cancel all your business contracts with the gov, auntyirs, state, city,federal the whole cabootz. Or take only federal reserve debt notes. Or you can be just like everyone else and find more cheats and loopholes in THEIR commerce game. Or get more work and kill yourself solo more. Or do the same but become windshield man.

Averaging 54,000 divided by 12=4500 a month, or 1125 a week take home pay. I hope none of your business is taking a single red penny from your weekly take home pay.

In my opinion, I'd stop paying 12.4% social security.You have enough time in to get a check already. You can do a hell of a lot with 12.4% for 8 more years and retire at 60 than SS will ever EVER give you. And you can have it anytime you want it. No waiting. No wondering where it goes when you die, and a ton more things you wouldn't believe about SS.

Still there is a lot missing from your info. Do you waste money? Have tons of debt? Spend money on sh!tty food? Blow through cash on to much entertainment? Wife and kids? You know what I'm getting at.

I'm with RWI on the always take chances and always be looking for the next angle of business. Hobnobbing with clients is the key to always bring in more flow. After all, it isn't how much ching you make. It's all about who you know.