Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 07-19-2013, 08:34 AM
LawnSite Member

Another Picture of the same Tree Service & Land Clearing job

Aplus Lawn Care, when we bid land clearing jobs we bid on how long the job will take a 4-man crew to complete. We charge anywhere from $2200 to $2500 per day for that four man crew. To estimate how long the job will take us, we will see the complexity of getting equipment out the the desired parts of the parcel and see what we will have to do with the leftover trees and brush. That pricing includes a 9hour day for the customer. In that 9 hour day we include drive time, cutting & hauling, and disposal time. We are the fastest in the Central Texas Tree Service industry when it comes to cutting, so I always let the customer know that to get the most out of their $2200-$2500 they should have us cutting as much as possible rather than hauling or driving.

Here's another picture of that same job. When I started the business in 1991, I bought a chainsaw and a 16ft trailer. Now, we've grown the a large tree service operation.
Attached Images

Old 07-20-2013, 07:33 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

what type of saws do you use and do you guys have a bucket truck or do you climb all of the trees.
Old 07-22-2013, 08:23 AM
LawnSite Member

Arena Landscaping, we use Stihl saws strictly....not the residential grade but the Commercial chain saws. These are the models that we are using currently: STIHL MS 362 R, MS 261 C-Q, and MS 261. As for bucket trucks, we are running about 90% residential work so it hasn't been feasible for us to use bucket trucks here in the Austin Tree Service market. We've considered one when we reach a certain amount of calls for tree service & power line branch clearing from municipalities and power line companies. We haven't had the demand yet.
Old 07-22-2013, 08:34 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by brentstreeservice View Post
Arena Landscaping, we use Stihl saws strictly....not the residential grade but the Commercial chain saws. These are the models that we are using currently: STIHL MS 362 R, MS 261 C-Q, and MS 261. As for bucket trucks, we are running about 90% residential work so it hasn't been feasible for us to use bucket trucks here in the Austin Tree Service market. We've considered one when we reach a certain amount of calls for tree service & power line branch clearing from municipalities and power line companies. We haven't had the demand yet.
How do you like the ms 362 I run a 460 magnum a 290 which i hate and a redmax gz3500t I love the redmax tophandle i think everyone should at least try one it is a great tool especially for the price.

Tags
austin land clearing , austin lot clearing , austin tree removal , austin tree service , austin tree trimming