Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 07-14-2013, 01:08 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stars & Stripes Landscaping View Post
The Mustang, haha

Hey what size/year Chevy is that and what backrack? I got a 1500 Regular Cab.
it is the regular old back rack. google it and you will see it. you want something good go with the deezee racks. i love mine.
Old 07-15-2013, 03:53 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

One more "Before" pic of the job I posted above. That corner bed (and 2 more we did in the parking lot) were overtaken with myrtle (periwinkle, whatever you want to call it). We ripped as much out as we could by hand, rototilled it, ripped more out, then covered it with reinforced poly, added a few inched of topsoil, packed that down and then put mulch on.

Now the "After" pics We split those daylilies from what was there, so they're prob shot for the year but the rest the plantings are all new:

And some more work from my new Turfo Edger....god I love this thing!!!

My Pictures:
http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=302091
Old 07-15-2013, 07:09 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeRi24 View Post
How I spent my Memorial Day vacation...

/img]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZMhT5...ature=youtu.be

Went to visit my buddy down in Charlotte and we went to the Coca-Cola 600. I've been a NASCAR and Jeff Gordon fan for many many years so this was really awesome to finally get to the 600 and to tour some race shops! We got a complete private behind the scenes tour of Joe Gibbs Racing that probably 99.9% of people never get to see which was awesome even though I hate Toyota haha Also, what is it ith you southern guys and that pine straw stuff?? God thats hideous looking!
Looks like you were sitting at turn 4? I was at that race holy hell was it long. It was my first NASCAR Expierence. Just seen ya today well I think it was you behind them illegal tints haha.
Old 07-15-2013, 09:14 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJCuttingEdge View Post
Looks like you were sitting at turn 4? I was at that race holy hell was it long. It was my first NASCAR Expierence. Just seen ya today well I think it was you behind them illegal tints haha.
We were actually in turn 2/turn 3 area. I took my portable fire/police scanner and re-programmed it with the race control channel and a couple drivers channels. If you didnt have one of those I have no idea how you'd know what was going on haha. You're the second person from WNY that I know that was also there, one of the guys from John Deere that I usually deal with was there too apparently. Yes that was me I waved idk if you saw me lol

My Pictures:
Old 07-18-2013, 01:29 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

That edger is impressive. You've got me really thinking now....
Old 07-19-2013, 06:19 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDLawn View Post
That edger is impressive. You've got me really thinking now....
It took me 2 years to find a used one and I had to travel for it. After using it for a month or however long I've had it, I would say it is absolutely worth the $1,800 they cost new to buy it new and not wait for a used one.

Decided to see what all this hype was about and we demoed a Walker yesterday...

Honestly....I hated the thing. I will say that it is the best cut and the best stripes I've ever seen, BUT all the bs that goes along with it sucks. I personally do not like the controls and how they are set up, for sure does not have the maneuverability of the Stander (whacked the grass bin on a fence and a couple trees), its SLOW, takes up twice the space on the trailer, and its twice as expensive as a Stander or other ZTR. I understand that its a marvel of engineering and that you're paying a lot of money for that, but all things considered its just not for me.

My Pictures:
Old 07-19-2013, 07:14 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

[QUOTE= I personally do not like the controls and how they are set up, for sure does not have the maneuverability of the Stander .[/QUOTE]
Well that is kinda funny since most people on here think the stander stinks since it has no dampers on them.
Old 07-19-2013, 08:06 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ed2hess View Post
Well that is kinda funny since most people on here think the stander stinks since it has no dampers on them.
Dampers? on what? I think the other part of the problem is that I'm a BIG dude (about 6'2" maybe 6'3" with boots on at about 300 lbs)...I couldnt get comfortable on the thing. Even my employee said I looked extremely awkward riding on it hahaha. I feel like if it had more conventional controls like a ZTR type mower that would really help a lot.

As I've said before, I like my Stander a lot. We do a mix of really small lawns with a lot tight spots and intricate maneuvering and tight spots and also some larger properties with wide open areas. The Standers allow us to efficiently do all of those places with the same set of machines. I will be the first to admit that the Wright cut quality leaves some to be desired, HOWEVER, I feel that the pros outweigh the cons and we can deal with the cut. No one has ever complained about the cut quality, but then again no one has ever complimented SPECIFICALLY on it either.

My Pictures:
Old 07-20-2013, 07:37 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

They say you need to about a week or so to get use to the controls. I mowed with one about 3 years ago for about 10 min. I couldn't wait to get off it. Did you mow anything wet or thick with it? Suppose to be the ultimate bagging mower. So people say.
Old 07-20-2013, 09:53 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeRi24 View Post
Dampers? on what? I think the other part of the problem is that I'm a BIG dude (about 6'2" maybe 6'3" with boots on at about 300 lbs)...I couldnt get comfortable on the thing. Even my employee said I looked extremely awkward riding on it hahaha. I feel like if it had more conventional controls like a ZTR type mower that would really help a lot.

As I've said before, I like my Stander a lot. We do a mix of really small lawns with a lot tight spots and intricate maneuvering and tight spots and also some larger properties with wide open areas. The Standers allow us to efficiently do all of those places with the same set of machines. I will be the first to admit that the Wright cut quality leaves some to be desired, HOWEVER, I feel that the pros outweigh the cons and we can deal with the cut. No one has ever complained about the cut quality, but then again no one has ever complimented SPECIFICALLY on it either.
I disagree, the walker allows me to get into places my stander would never go near. The controls are so much better then a zero turn, my walkers in the shop right now because its lost its ability to cut even and now I have a 61" zero turn (demo) until mine is fixed and I can't wait to give it back my arms are not use to the controls on the zero turn as its been 4years since I last owned one. I also have to trim about 30% less area when using the walker, the time you loose in mowing speed is made up from the time you gain in trimming plus less to blow off when using the walker.