Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 03-13-2009, 11:40 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

things are good. Just wet and slow too! Have some work for the next two weeks then I need to get some bids in. I think I'll be okay, though. Have a lot of referral business and I'm cleaning up after the other guys!

"Life is tough, but it's tougher if you're stupid."

Twitter @Cedar_Clearing
Old 03-13-2009, 11:50 PM
LawnSite Member

It sounds like you have a good rep. down there in your neck of the woods..I am sure you will have the business that you need.
Old 03-14-2009, 12:06 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

what is grubbing mosquitoes? Never heard of that before.
Old 03-14-2009, 10:58 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobcat_ron View Post
I think a 4-in-1 combo bucket would be money better spent.
67" 4 in 1 forsale if you need the second one!
Old 03-14-2009, 01:47 PM
LawnSite Member

sure will, I'll find that purchase receipt If possible! I'll let know though.
Old 03-14-2009, 01:57 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Green View Post
what is grubbing mosquitoes? Never heard of that before.
Okay seriously, It is called " Mesquite Grubbing " , It grows pretty wild around here in Southern New Mexico, West Texas. It is a wild bush that grows out like weeds but tree like. And I have a stump bucket grappler that pulls them out!
Old 03-14-2009, 10:01 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I'm not real familiar with mesquites, but this is what we use for ripping out brush, piling brush, logs, picking up boulders, or all kinds of other things. We went through a few "heavy duty" grapples before we found this, and it is "heavy duty".

http://www.sidneyattachments.com/6tinegrapple.html
Old 05-29-2011, 03:34 PM
LawnSite Member

@ Chiroz & Blyth
My dad and I are looking into getting into the grubbing/excavation type work with a midsized excavator, we are looking to get into it more as a hobby,i would be the one running the business mostly. He is in good financial standing so we arent looking to become rich off it just make more than what we spend. But in the past week he has talked himself out of it because he doesnt think we could make a go,i think we could between trenching and all the other things you can do with it. I was wondering what yall use(excavator or bobcat) Im asking yall because we are in the same general area, im from midland. He is also concerned about the insurance for liability and for the machine. So i was just wondering how yall are making out so i could try to convince him before he trys to go into shredding and disking small lots(which i dont want to do) If yall dont want to share this info thats fine too. Thanks
Old 07-11-2013, 09:21 PM
LawnSite Member

Mesquite Grubbing

Howdy,

I am a new member and ran across this post. Grubbing is the primary service my business provides. I use a skid steer and a patented attachment of our own design. I use a Takeuchi TL 150 for many reasons:

-They have a lot of power.
-They have the sturdiest quick-tack which is absolutely essential for the use of our attachment. Most quick-tacks rely on the attachment for rigidity. The Takeuchi does not have that limitation and therefor enables the use of our design.

We are doing a lot of work putting CRP land back in production. We can take down some very large trees, however there is a size limit at which point we suggest an excavator be used. Depending on moisture and type of soil, we have a high success rate at pulling up the tap root.

We have a method of grubbing, raking, and disposing of the mesquites that leaves no large mounds of dirt on the land or evidence that the mesquites were there in the first place.

You can check out the grubbing attachment at Facebook.com/SimmonsBrush&DirtWorks. We primarily perform grubbing as a service ourselves but we also sell our attachment made-to-order. Please feel free to contact me if you have questions about grubbing. We have been doing this for a very long time and have a lot of insight.
Old 07-20-2013, 04:27 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimmonsBrush&Dirt View Post
Howdy,

I am a new member and ran across this post. .
Welcome to LS. I know this thread is old but there is always a need for mesquite control. I'd like to know more about what you do. Post some pics sometime. I'm down around San Antonio.. not sure where you are. I mostly deal with cedar in my area but I was just in the Brownwood area and saw a need for mesquite control.

I'd personally like to use an excavator for removing trees then put them through a tub grinder. Do you mostly burn, chip, or shred?

"Life is tough, but it's tougher if you're stupid."

Twitter @Cedar_Clearing