Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 07-14-2013, 10:24 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by alldayrj View Post
He'll yeah it'll run my saws. But you paid for the cherry picker, why take it off? Do Christmas lights or prank your neighbors.
In all honesty - the Christmas light idea is a really good idea. Not a service for me, but it's a great idea.

My old man has been buying and flipping these trucks for a while now. Verizon recently started CUTTING the bucket off of the boom (they say for liability reasons). My truck, the one in the picture has had the bucket cut. The truck behind it is one that my dad got for himself which does have the cherry picker fully intact. I don't need the cherry picker, I need to get the truck's weight down as low as possible so I can pull the equipment trailer with equipment. This truck will be used about 2 days a week, certain aspects of our work require an array of tools on the first 2 days we're there.

"People Throw Rocks At Things That Shine"

My Equipment Brag List:

-1 CAT hat
-16 pairs of Hanes socks (the Heavy Duty model), many with holes.
-12 pairs of underwear, ranging from Joe Boxers to Jockey, many are in need of replacement. (no more photo requests please)
-hundreds of t-shirts. Some w/ grease stains, some torn & tattered.
-7 pairs of jeans, ranging from Levis to Polo to GAP. 1/2 of them have holes in 'em.
-1 belt
-1 pair of old worn out Nike shoes.
Old 07-14-2013, 10:43 PM
LawnSite Member

are these verizon trucks dual rear wheels? gas/diesel? auto/stick?

i like the price...
Old 07-15-2013, 06:00 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

they have all their trucks at auction. 300 to 500 units at one auction, usually once a month, near State College. I think last week they had 150 of these 3500HD utility bodies. Some do not run, some have lost keys, and most are in great condition.

From these dual wheel 3500HD, to pick ups. Some vans. And even some bigger utility bodies.

The 3500 HD are automatics, with 454 gasers.

"People Throw Rocks At Things That Shine"

My Equipment Brag List:

-1 CAT hat
-16 pairs of Hanes socks (the Heavy Duty model), many with holes.
-12 pairs of underwear, ranging from Joe Boxers to Jockey, many are in need of replacement. (no more photo requests please)
-hundreds of t-shirts. Some w/ grease stains, some torn & tattered.
-7 pairs of jeans, ranging from Levis to Polo to GAP. 1/2 of them have holes in 'em.
-1 belt
-1 pair of old worn out Nike shoes.
Old 07-21-2013, 01:28 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I have a 14' isuzu box truck with lift great it works great for running materials picking up whatever is needed has 175 gallon water tank to fill up our permagreens I have two chevy 2500 cargo vans that hold tools for the jobsites they suck not enough room and I have a gmc 4500 with i pack tool box behind the cab love the tool box for all of our shovels and rakes but think I am going to setup a trailer everyday on the job we need something we dont have and I have to run to hd and buy it I would love to see some interior pictures I am looking a a 8x16 5200 axels so I can haul the dingo
Old 07-21-2013, 05:39 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Smart move, make sure you get tie downs on the floor and wall tracks for fastening hanging tools. Don't get white walls, go for 3!8 plywood walls and don't forget a roof vent.
Old 07-21-2013, 03:31 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

zedo got any pics of the inside of your trailer? I seriously dont know how anyone lives without a jobsite trailer. For instance my crew was on a paver job on an older home they had run to outside faucets with 3/4 poly threw the lawn my just were finishing up and pounded 3 spikes threw the poly line there I was back to the hardware store to get fittings and pipe our box truck is a catch all for all the construction debris just brought it home to spray my lawn and there was 10 rolls of left over sod a tiller and a **** load of tools that I couldn't find its insane. Even with the side boxes on the 4500 its not enough space I will leave the tools in there so they have extras break a shovel or rake bam they got one no calling me asking me to bring out tools I could've paid for a nice trailer by now with the wasted time this season alone.
Old 07-21-2013, 09:00 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRSlawn View Post
zedo got any pics of the inside of your trailer? I seriously dont know how anyone lives without a jobsite trailer. For instance my crew was on a paver job on an older home they had run to outside faucets with 3/4 poly threw the lawn my just were finishing up and pounded 3 spikes threw the poly line there I was back to the hardware store to get fittings and pipe our box truck is a catch all for all the construction debris just brought it home to spray my lawn and there was 10 rolls of left over sod a tiller and a **** load of tools that I couldn't find its insane. Even with the side boxes on the 4500 its not enough space I will leave the tools in there so they have extras break a shovel or rake bam they got one no calling me asking me to bring out tools I could've paid for a nice trailer by now with the wasted time this season alone.
Ramp door, steel shelving on left side, 8'l x 2'w x 5' h. Track at mid height, filing cabinet and pee pail. The rest you'll figure out, its just about what tools you have and how often you use them that the trailer gets organized.

ps, you type worse than me.
Old 07-21-2013, 10:14 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I am a terrible speller I have been corrected on spelling more then once by a customer lol
Old 07-23-2013, 12:20 PM
LawnSite Member

No Insurance, Oil Changes and only 1 driver needed with a trailer
Old 07-23-2013, 12:26 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Survey says "trailers are the way to go"