Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center



Reply
 
Thread Tools   Display Modes
  #61  
Old 07-22-2013, 12:12 AM
APLUS LAWN CARE's Avatar
APLUS LAWN CARE APLUS LAWN CARE is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: North Missouri
Posts: 576
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snyder's Lawn Inc View Post
If your happy with the price Tell them you want to raise the price but only when gas goes up

So talk with them They might be ok with it

keep the price the same + a fuel charge or Just raise each visit a % to cover the future price of fuel
I will think pretty hard about it.

I think they would be okay with the % charge when fuel prices rise.
Reply With Quote
  #62  
Old 07-22-2013, 12:17 AM
Snyder's Lawn Inc's Avatar
Snyder's Lawn Inc Snyder's Lawn Inc is offline
LawnSite Gold Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Kirksville Mo
Posts: 3,715
Quote:
Originally Posted by APLUS LAWN CARE View Post
How much rain did you get over there? We got 1 3/8" here today, and it was much needed. Alot of the grass around here was going dormant. I hope that rain snaps it back.
1/2'' at my house but rained more in town I'll know when I get to the shop in morning

Yes grass is going dormant My sprinkler lawns isn't growing much either They are green but not much growth in 7 days I think one lawn I cut off 3/4 in of growth
But I like it I catch up on my odd jobs Been busy everyday
Did get some free time today to rock hunt till it rained me out
Attached Images
 
__________________
Snyder's New Lawn Service Inc.
Since 1981
Reply With Quote
  #63  
Old 07-22-2013, 12:21 AM
APLUS LAWN CARE's Avatar
APLUS LAWN CARE APLUS LAWN CARE is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: North Missouri
Posts: 576
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snyder's Lawn Inc View Post
1/2'' at my house but rained more in town I'll know when I get to the shop in morning

Yes grass is going dormant My sprinkler lawns isn't growing much either They are green but not much growth in 7 days I think one lawn I cut off 3/4 in of growth
But I like it I catch up on my odd jobs Been busy everyday
Did get some free time today to rock hunt till it rained me out
That is pretty awesome. Some kind of spearhead or something?
Reply With Quote
  #64  
Old 07-22-2013, 12:38 AM
Snyder's Lawn Inc's Avatar
Snyder's Lawn Inc Snyder's Lawn Inc is offline
LawnSite Gold Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Kirksville Mo
Posts: 3,715
Quote:
Originally Posted by APLUS LAWN CARE View Post
That is pretty awesome. Some kind of spearhead or something?
yes its a spear its palo point Its 13,000-8,000 BC old
__________________
Snyder's New Lawn Service Inc.
Since 1981
Reply With Quote
  #65  
Old 07-22-2013, 01:00 AM
APLUS LAWN CARE's Avatar
APLUS LAWN CARE APLUS LAWN CARE is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: North Missouri
Posts: 576
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snyder's Lawn Inc View Post
yes its a spear its palo point Its 13,000-8,000 BC old
Wow! That is pretty old. So it would most likely be from the Clovis people? The Clovis group roamed the Missouri area beginning in around 13,000 B.C. Am I correct in that? That thing could have been used to hunt mammoths! Do you have a lot of artifacts? What kind of monetary value would a spearhead like that have?
Reply With Quote
  #66  
Old 07-22-2013, 02:26 AM
Snyder's Lawn Inc's Avatar
Snyder's Lawn Inc Snyder's Lawn Inc is offline
LawnSite Gold Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Kirksville Mo
Posts: 3,715
Quote:
Originally Posted by APLUS LAWN CARE View Post
Wow! That is pretty old. So it would most likely be from the Clovis people? The Clovis group roamed the Missouri area beginning in around 13,000 B.C. Am I correct in that? That thing could have been used to hunt mammoths! Do you have a lot of artifacts? What kind of monetary value would a spearhead like that have?
I have some nicer ones only 4 dated 13,000 BC

I find all my stuff on the farm We have a camp site a long a creek
Mint point I say I have 4 dozen
I'm still in hunt for my first axe or tomahawk I got in this back in 06 My daughter want look at rock when we was on Family ATV ride Found my first scraper that day

I not sure price on that spear head. I haven't had it check out by the book it looks like Agate Basin if checks out to be that could be worth 1,600
Did find a point on the farm. That is a Expandable E notch that value of 800-1,000 The guy gave its value ask where I found it I told him and he freak out He said the tribe nap it was from boot heel of Mo. He never seen or heard one this far north

Early this spring I found My first mint knife blade it was dated 8,300 BC Late paleo period waiting hear back on the value They cant find a value since they never seen one like mine it was made from Fossil rock

I wont sell them I'll pass them on to my kids
__________________
Snyder's New Lawn Service Inc.
Since 1981
Reply With Quote
  #67  
Old 07-22-2013, 09:34 AM
APLUS LAWN CARE's Avatar
APLUS LAWN CARE APLUS LAWN CARE is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: North Missouri
Posts: 576
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snyder's Lawn Inc View Post
I have some nicer ones only 4 dated 13,000 BC

I find all my stuff on the farm We have a camp site a long a creek
Mint point I say I have 4 dozen
I'm still in hunt for my first axe or tomahawk I got in this back in 06 My daughter want look at rock when we was on Family ATV ride Found my first scraper that day

I not sure price on that spear head. I haven't had it check out by the book it looks like Agate Basin if checks out to be that could be worth 1,600
Did find a point on the farm. That is a Expandable E notch that value of 800-1,000 The guy gave its value ask where I found it I told him and he freak out He said the tribe nap it was from boot heel of Mo. He never seen or heard one this far north

Early this spring I found My first mint knife blade it was dated 8,300 BC Late paleo period waiting hear back on the value They cant find a value since they never seen one like mine it was made from Fossil rock

I wont sell them I'll pass them on to my kids
That is pretty cool. Pretty interesting, too!
Reply With Quote
  #68  
Old 07-22-2013, 11:04 PM
APLUS LAWN CARE's Avatar
APLUS LAWN CARE APLUS LAWN CARE is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: North Missouri
Posts: 576
Well, to make the situation worst most of the mowing I had planned for this week is going to have be pushed back because of little to no growth. I can't say I didn't expect this sort of thing to happen, but I sure was hoping it didn't happen. We did get quite a bit of rain recently so I am hoping to see an improvement soon!
Reply With Quote
  #69  
Old 07-22-2013, 11:19 PM
Snyder's Lawn Inc's Avatar
Snyder's Lawn Inc Snyder's Lawn Inc is offline
LawnSite Gold Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Kirksville Mo
Posts: 3,715
Yes there isn't much growth Last week we work from daylight to noon or 1. Did that all week So this week picking up ones we didn't get to last week.
The lawns I treat isn't much at all to cut But lawns I don't treat there lots weeds
I have 5 sprinkler lawns they are growing
__________________
Snyder's New Lawn Service Inc.
Since 1981
Reply With Quote
  #70  
Old 07-22-2013, 11:29 PM
APLUS LAWN CARE's Avatar
APLUS LAWN CARE APLUS LAWN CARE is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: North Missouri
Posts: 576
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snyder's Lawn Inc View Post
Yes there isn't much growth Last week we work from daylight to noon or 1. Did that all week So this week picking up ones we didn't get to last week.
The lawns I treat isn't much at all to cut But lawns I don't treat there lots weeds
I have 5 sprinkler lawns they are growing
I don't treat any yards because I don't have my license but some of the yards I mow do get treated so none of them have any growth. None of my cemeteries get treated so I can mow them on regular schedule. I have a few yards with irrigation but the dang people don't got the irrigation on, I'm guessing because of budget reasons (they are churches). I was keeping on schedule with mowing until this week but I am pretty well at a stand still now
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.comô - Moose River Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:00 PM.

Page generated in 0.10315 seconds with 10 queries