Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 07-21-2013, 11:15 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Eagle 20 Question

Guys this should be pretty simple, I hope

Every time I use it my sprayer seems to "pump differently" I don't know how to describe it other then you know how a 4 gallon backpack sprayer pumps when you get empty and sticks when you pump while empty?

That's what Eagle 20 does the entire 4 gallon, off/on kind of pump

Anything I can do for this?

Thanks in advance

God created man, man plants grass, fertilized and watered the grass to watch it grow. Man cut grass and this confused God; in his infinite wisdom where did he go wrong? Why would man work, plant, water and once it grew cut it down just to see the process repeat.

Then God created Women
Old 07-21-2013, 07:12 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Hard to make backpacks spray consistent enough to apply fungicides I would think and it would be hard to get the volume you need for fungicides. You may have clogged strainers & filters or nozzles. They make pressure regulating devices for backpacks but don't know how much that would help you in this situation.
Old 07-21-2013, 07:58 PM
LawnSite Member

Eagle 20 EW although a good all around broad spectrum fungicide is a flowable formulation and like all flowable
Materials they are micro clay based and need good agitation to stay suspended. A good method that I utilize is to mix the material at the volume needed ( with a back pack usually between .5 gal to 1 gal spray volume ) in the truck tank with the sparge agitators then fill the back pack from the spray gun with the tip off, then its ready to go. I usually use a secondary tank ( have a split tank set up ) on the truck. Depending on what I need for the day I usually fill the tank with between 15 - 30 gallons, I don't use the hose because most of the time there are only a couple hundred square feet to maybe 1000 of disease pressure on the properties as I traverse through the day.

Dave.
Old 07-21-2013, 09:14 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirk1701 View Post
Guys this should be pretty simple, I hope

Every time I use it my sprayer seems to "pump differently" I don't know how to describe it other then you know how a 4 gallon backpack sprayer pumps when you get empty and sticks when you pump while empty?

That's what Eagle 20 does the entire 4 gallon, off/on kind of pump

Anything I can do for this?

Thanks in advance
When I used to use manual sprayers, everything was mixed in an old 21/2 gallon jug. Put in water, add product concentrate, cap it, and shake the heck out of it. I would then pour the mix through a fine mesh strainer into the tank. My power sprayers all have fine mesh basket screens at the tank openings and there are even finer screens behind the tips.

Sell not virtue to purchase wealth, nor Liberty to purchase power.
Benjamin Franklin Poor Richard's Almanac1738
Old 07-21-2013, 11:22 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArTurf View Post
Hard to make backpacks spray consistent enough to apply fungicides I would think and it would be hard to get the volume you need for fungicides. You may have clogged strainers & filters or nozzles. They make pressure regulating devices for backpacks but don't know how much that would help you in this situation.
Yes, my sprayer has the pressure regulator on it, mix 4 gallon at a time and since I'm walking that 4 gallon stays mixed. Never had a problem but I'm only applying to my own property. Not commercial.

Quote:
Originally Posted by greendoctor View Post
When I used to use manual sprayers, everything was mixed in an old 21/2 gallon jug. Put in water, add product concentrate, cap it, and shake the heck out of it. I would then pour the mix through a fine mesh strainer into the tank. My power sprayers all have fine mesh basket screens at the tank openings and there are even finer screens behind the tips.
My sprayer has 4 filters in it, I clean them after every use.

Again, this only happens when spraying Eagle, no problem with Clearys or Heritage. No problem spraying insecticides or other fungicides for fruit tree's.

Problem is hard to explain I guess, I don't think anyone understands yet.

Its like the pump needs to be oiled or greased. It wants to stick when I pump; does this make better sense?

God created man, man plants grass, fertilized and watered the grass to watch it grow. Man cut grass and this confused God; in his infinite wisdom where did he go wrong? Why would man work, plant, water and once it grew cut it down just to see the process repeat.

Then God created Women
Old 07-22-2013, 12:22 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirk1701 View Post
Yes, my sprayer has the pressure regulator on it, mix 4 gallon at a time and since I'm walking that 4 gallon stays mixed. Never had a problem but I'm only applying to my own property. Not commercial.

My sprayer has 4 filters in it, I clean them after every use.

Again, this only happens when spraying Eagle, no problem with Clearys or Heritage. No problem spraying insecticides or other fungicides for fruit tree's.

Problem is hard to explain I guess, I don't think anyone understands yet.

Its like the pump needs to be oiled or greased. It wants to stick when I pump; does this make better sense?
Now it does. Maintenance on a manual sprayer is just as bad as a power sprayer. The plunger cup on the pump needs to be kept greased with silicone grease as in what is used on faucet O rings.

Sell not virtue to purchase wealth, nor Liberty to purchase power.
Benjamin Franklin Poor Richard's Almanac1738
Old 07-22-2013, 08:38 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by greendoctor View Post
Now it does. Maintenance on a manual sprayer is just as bad as a power sprayer. The plunger cup on the pump needs to be kept greased with silicone grease as in what is used on faucet O rings.
I'll check the manual and see how to get to this and grease, but why doing it while only spraying one product?

Eagle 20

Anything else I put in it sprays like a charm?

Then God created Women