Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 07-22-2013, 05:51 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by twomancrew View Post
i don't get any clumping, but i do get a very wide and even layer of clippings. When i go wide open ground speen and i bounce i get standies of grass and weeds where the deck lifts. My toro discharges grass 10-15' from the chute, more if the wind is helping. It is near impossible to get it to make a clump. I have a 35 acre mow i do bi-week so it gets really thick in some areas. In some of the rain gardens the grass will be almost waist high by time 2 weeks goes by. Sometimes i find standing water down in them. I wish they didn't insist on me mowing those btw, they aren't supposed to be mowed. That grass would finish out like 10' tall if we left it alone. Some type of giant zebra grass. Really stiff thick stems. It's not my property or my money to spend so i do the work. It gets nasty down in those things. Zo6 come and play with me with your bober sometime, we'll see how proud you are then. Also the property next to it is mowed by the county with large deere batwings. They have a hell of a time and sometimes they just get the 2 big deere zs and go at theirs. They only do theirs before holiday weekends. You would be backing into these areas and holding your curlies. And good luck getting back out. The deeres next door do theirs in about 15min each. I am in them around 25ish but mine look better where they simply mow it and bounce to the next.

Productivity is measured in acres mowed per hour. Doesn't count if you have to mow same acre twice, that's not mowing 2 acres that's mowing 1 acre 2x. And you want to brag zo6?
these bobcats will run those toros into the ground, im not bragging, just sayin, i dont need to come a a forum to brag, and as for the jd's, come on, they cant make big tractors, you really think their zt's arent junk??!!
Old 07-22-2013, 08:13 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

IDK zo6 I test drove a procat today along with a 950r Deere. I am waiting to do a real demo on the 960r, but the dealer said to take what he had for a drive and see if I liked it because the 960r will only be larger in the engine area. I thought the PC was really heavy in the front, and I thought the Deere was really light and wheelie happy. I still want them to bring me a 960r so I can put it on a real hill I am already familiar with on my Toro. I can't say I found anything wrong with the PC, the deck doesn't seem to be as rigid as the Deere, but is comparable to the Toro. I see the new Toro 6000 has got rid of the chains and went to a solid link deck mount. The new Toro is the most expensive of them all, but it has EFI or DFI or whatever Kohler is calling it. The Deere has a BB Kaw in it and the PC has a small Kohler just like my Toro. I wouldn't trust the PC going sidehill or downhill and I wouldn't trust the Deere going up the trailer the way they felt on flat ground today. I could straight up trade my z500 and my Ryan aerator for the new PC, and am waiting a trade value from Deere. What I really wish is for a scag dealer to come a bit closer to town. I can get 0%/4yrs on the PC and 0%/2yrs on the Deere. I left the Toro dealer without asking.
Old 07-23-2013, 12:11 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

twomancrew- you can get the Procat with the kawi FX801 , which is a big block- sounds like you demo'd the Procat SE which either has the small block kawi FX's or the Kohler 25 or 27hp engines. Or if you want more power- demo the Predator pro with the 31hp kawi or 37 DFI. My ferris 3100Z with the 37DFI is unstoppable. I could only imagine the Predator Pro wouldn be the same.

BTW- I'm glad to hear you thinking about buying something other than a higher priced, re-badged exmark with higher parts prices. I would go JD over toro anyday
Old 07-23-2013, 05:50 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aroddy View Post
twomancrew- you can get the procat with the kawi fx801 , which is a big block- sounds like you demo'd the procat se which either has the small block kawi fx's or the kohler 25 or 27hp engines. Or if you want more power- demo the predator pro with the 31hp kawi or 37 dfi. My ferris 3100z with the 37dfi is unstoppable. I could only imagine the predator pro wouldn be the same.

Btw- i'm glad to hear you thinking about buying something other than a higher priced, re-badged exmark with higher parts prices. I would go jd over toro anyday
not totally sure if they put them on there anymore, but the 33hp generac is a badass motor.
Old 07-23-2013, 10:29 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

The ProCat has all kinds of engine options. If you are testing one with a "small Kohler" then its actually a ProCat SE which is a stripped down version to make it cheaper.

You can get a few Kawasaki's along with an EFI Kohler on them. And if you want bigger engines move up to the Predator Pro.
Old 07-23-2013, 10:54 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

arrody I would have loved to had the Deere last year but the price was so high on them I still have shock. This year the prices on the Deere are all over the place. The 13K Deere last year is 8K now. That really chaps me having settled for the Toro as it was what I could afford then. There is a lot more to a unit than the unit I learned. My Toro dealer has very little on hand. I have to keep an inventory of stuff I should not have to. Stuff like blades and spindle seals and air filters. Also the mechanic there is really bad, REALLY bad, and he is all alone and very slow on warranty. Thu unit is fine, dealer is bad. I am looking more at the dealer than the unit now. IF I get as busy as I plan to next year this has to change now or they will sink me the first time something happens. I had to drive to Quad City Bobcat in Davenport to see that Procat and they didn't have much else to look at besides tons of Exmarks. He said the Bobs are slowly catching on, but exmark is as big as Toro and Deere here. It's all you see around town. I really hope one of them from Bobcat gives me a follow up call, I am not very excited to do business with them at Bobcat. I was hoping to see them do acrobatics for me, maybe some buttkissing. lol
Old 07-23-2013, 10:54 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pugs View Post
the procat has all kinds of engine options. If you are testing one with a "small kohler" then its actually a procat se which is a stripped down version to make it cheaper.

You can get a few kawasaki's along with an efi kohler on them. And if you want bigger engines move up to the predator pro.
lol im done with kohler
Old 07-23-2013, 09:57 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

So at Bobcat of the Quad Cities(actual dealership name) they told me today when I called and asked about bigger engines that the mower I demoed the day before is not their mower. He told me they don't actually sell Bobcat mowers. He said it's because they are terrible mowers. Said Bobcat has nothing to do with the design or manufacture of those mowers. He said next to a Kubota or Xmrk it's only half a mower and he sells 250K+ in mowers a year to contractors who wouldn't even consider a Bobcat Z. The # is 563-381-1200 if you need more proof. Call and ask if they sell zeroturns. Ask why. http://www.rexcobobcat.com/default.htm what a waste of my time is what I told him and he said the guy I talked to yesterday had just started yesterday and made an honest mistake. This is the areas only Bobcat dealer so I am a little disappointed by all this.
Old 07-23-2013, 11:47 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by twomancrew View Post
So at Bobcat of the Quad Cities(actual dealership name) they told me today when I called and asked about bigger engines that the mower I demoed the day before is not their mower. He told me they don't actually sell Bobcat mowers. He said it's because they are terrible mowers. Said Bobcat has nothing to do with the design or manufacture of those mowers. He said next to a Kubota or Xmrk it's only half a mower and he sells 250K+ in mowers a year to contractors who wouldn't even consider a Bobcat Z. The # is 563-381-1200 if you need more proof. Call and ask if they sell zeroturns. Ask why. http://www.rexcobobcat.com/default.htm what a waste of my time is what I told him and he said the guy I talked to yesterday had just started yesterday and made an honest mistake. This is the areas only Bobcat dealer so I am a little disappointed by all this.
Yea, BOBCAT skid steers and tractors have absolutely nothing to do with the BOBCAT zero turns that Schiller grounds care makes. He fed you a line of S**T because he sells kubota/exmark. All the other dealers in my town do the same thing. If you can't get dealer support- it would be hard for me to purchase any brand.
Old 07-23-2013, 11:49 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zo6 View Post
not totally sure if they put them on there anymore, but the 33hp generac is a badass motor.

The generac is only available on the Propane powered models. the procat uses the FX730 & FX801 on the 61'' or the Kohler EFIs